Wife dies after German, 68, drives CRV into a tree in Kamphaengphet

webfact

2 hours ago, kannot said:

christ the mentality!!

Mentality? Six thousand baht for nothing?

Anyway, here's another with just 3 digits so a guaranteed winner.

Hat Yai police found the Camry abandoned on the bridge on Petchkasem Road. It had Bangkok license plates - ภต (phor tor) 296

23 hours ago, ravip said:

Maybe brake failure. The road does not look very wide to justify fast driving - whatever the drivers nationality is or if there was another vehicle coming from the wrong side.

Looks a narrow country road...Driver fault should be suspect.

RIP to the lady.

I step in here to defend the driver even tho' we don't have the full story.... You may or may not know that to obtain a German DL , it takes one year of learning/practice. One can assume (only) that some vehicle in the oposite lane forced him off the road. Could've been that he was driving a bit too fast. P.S. - I'm not a German national.

2 minutes ago, scotbeve said:

I step in here to defend the driver even tho' we don't have the full story.... You may or may not know that to obtain a German DL , it takes one year of learning/practice. One can assume (only) that some vehicle in the oposite lane forced him off the road. Could've been that he was driving a bit too fast. P.S. - I'm not a German national.

.... or taken his age into account he could have got an ailment ...

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:
On 3/4/2019 at 12:01 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Headlines are notoriously clumsily and are rarely indicative of anything more than an attempt a sensationalism - particularly in Thailand where the headlines often lack any consideration of what implications they may have on dumb readers believing a headline to be fact... 

Did you just call toofarnorth dumb?

Haha... Noooo... I’d never go so far as to imply that in such a subtle manner that those at whom the accusation is aimed are unable to recognise such... 

2 hours ago, scotbeve said:

I step in here to defend the driver even tho' we don't have the full story....

This is a very common scenario here at Thai Visa Forum - people defend others blindly on assumptions while accusing others on the same blind assumptions! Basically, its one part of the world is perfect and the other part is a total inhuman jungle.

To obtain a German DL, it takes one year of learning/practice. Very well and good. Fine.

That is not a 100% guarantee that he is a perfect driver and would never make a mistake willingly or unwillingly...

Archived