An in depth look at Thailand’s stray dog problem

Don't leave it to the animal welfare groups or we'll never get out of this mess. I also believe that out of the 7 million, there's a lot more than the reported 10% that are strays. It may take a lot more deaths by rabies to see an effective change and that's only if it's viral news on the book of face or someone well known foaming at the mouth on the nightly news. 

We all Know what has to be done But this is Thailand .They must talk for a few years and than they will set a date for a meeting to decide what they can come up with. When they come up with something than they will talk a few more years and it will fade away. Spaying and Neutering and rabies shots will Not stop the soi dogs from biting and harassing the people. Exterminate all stay Mutts, 100% efficient.

One thing rarely mentioned, but needs to be. Along with rabies and savaging people, I wonder how many road accidents have been caused by dogs running out in front of vehicles. I myself have had a couple of close calls.

My thanks to the posters so far.

I love animals, like I am sure most posting here do.

The problem with the dogs in Thailand has been clearly articulated by other so no more of that from me.

I will say; To me I am always amazed at how people who are activists for dog protection groups PETA, Soi Dogs as an example have such passion for animals I wonder how much energy they bring to their human relationships, to their own families, and if the have kids their own children. It's a question not a derogatory assumptive statement, I'm just curious. 

Personally I get sharing the love with all creatures is a good thing for karma and the world. But I would prefer to see social conscience and energies being focussed on orphan kids, the poor, the elderly, mentally ill, battered and abused, and destitute (the gods know we have a world full of human misery to attend to) rather than on stray animals.

Archived