Visa advise. Father in Thailand

I am currently in Bangkok, I am father to a child who I support. I am not with the mother.

I'm currently on an extended tourist visa which is due to expire in a couple of weeks.

I'm due to go on a trip to Hanoi on the 27.

I plan to do a land visa run to Kanchanaburi, to cover the period I'll be in Thailand. I did 2 last year, but as far as I'm aware it resets, and I can do 2 more from the beginning of this year.

Whilst in Hanoi, what are my best options:

I would like to get a non-immigrant visa for the child, but I'm yet to get the ค ร 11 (collective agreement for unmarried couples)

Otherwise, I'll have to get a tourist visa. What documents do they actually require? Obviously I plan to stay in Thailand, and booking flights out of the country will be a waste, so any ideas?

• Like 1

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child. They will need to be with you when you apply.

You will need their birth certificate plus copy and a copy of their house book registry. You will also need proof of where you are living.

You should not have a problem getting a single entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a thai. The visa will allow a 90 day entry that can be extended for 60 days.

You will need the some documents to apply for the visa that I mentioned for the 60 day extension.

No need to be the legal parent of your child to apply for the 60 day extension or a non-o visa at a embassy or consulate. To apply for the a one year extension of stay you do need to be the legal parent of your child by way of legitimization of your parenthood.

• Like 1