Cool bar areas other than Nana

Kenny202

I heard that Nana Plaza is owned by an American (not sure) and I am assuming he is taking over many bars. I think the mushrooming LB bars are his. Am guessing Billboard, Twister, Twister BKK, Geisha, Butterflies are his but could easily be wrong. And Dogs and Tiki and the one that starts with an S. Sorry forgot the name. I think there is only one LB boy in Cowboy but not sure as I don't like that area.

BTW the new roof over NP takes some more of the craziness out of the experience.

Why don't you get a freelancer from in front of the Nana Hotel? I always wonder what taking one of the deaf girls would be like.

If you really wanted to experience something different go to the go-gos for Thais. Their MO is very different. Thais are not allowed to go to the ones for tourists. I have had some taxi drivers ask me to take them in BKK and Pats.

13 minutes ago, elgenon said:

If you really wanted to experience something different go to the go-gos for Thais. Their MO is very different. Thais are not allowed to go to the ones for tourists. I have had some taxi drivers ask me to take them in BKK and Pats.

I live here so Thai bars etc not really a novelty for me. I find generally the more wealthy Thais go to these places and they throw money around worse than the Japs. A prestige thing. They do it in the karaoke bars up country here. Definitely can't work those out. They buy themselves a bottle of whiskey at premium prices and basically do nothing more than sit with a girl and buy her drinks. Rent a friend. Apart from that they usually carry on like 14yo schoolboys out on the drink for the first time

30 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I heard that Nana Plaza is owned by an American (not sure) and I am assuming he is taking over many bars. I think the mushrooming LB bars are his. Am guessing Billboard, Twister, Twister BKK, Geisha, Butterflies are his but could easily be wrong. And Dogs and Tiki and the one that starts with an S. Sorry forgot the name. I think there is only one LB boy in Cowboy but not sure as I don't like that area.

BTW the new roof over NP takes some more of the craziness out of the experience.

Why don't you get a freelancer from in front of the Nana Hotel? I always wonder what taking one of the deaf girls would be like.

i don't know who owns the lease on Nana (i doubt it is an american).  but an american couple own/operate billboard and butterflies.  twister (formerly rainbow 4) is thai owned.  geisha is the first bar in the plaza to be korean owned.  twister bkk is/was dutch owned, there is a dutch guy that has been involved with several ground floor bars and i don't think they've done very well.  i remember reading he was trying to sell.  rainbow 1 and 3 share common ownership (thai).

lucky luke's tiki bar does have some inexpensive girls in there.  of course they have a flaw or two, age, weight, and/or looks.  you might get an attractive 45 yr old that isn't fat or ugly.  or you might get a 25 yr old that is fat but not ugly.  happy hour beers are 90thb and i think lady drinks are 140thb.  but happy hour ends at 8pm.  i believe beers are 110 or 120 after that so not so bad.  so drink up at the tiki bar and then (see below).

but as you note, the freelancers in front of nana plaza hotel are a better bet.  the deaf girls stand to the right side of the nana plaza hotel sign as you face the parking lot from the entry of nana.  they look pretty darn good but have been working a long time.

On 3/4/2019 at 6:21 AM, smutcakes said:

You sound just the kind of character that girls with better attitudes want to sleep with on the cheap.....

Girls sleep with almost anyone. All it takes is a masculine, manly man to send them over the edge.

A LONG time ago, there used to be a section/soi of bars owned by retired oil workers that was a couple/few blocks out the backside of soi cowboy. No idea if it still exists or how to find it as I don't live in BKK and haven't been there since around 2002 but, maybe the locals have an idea about its whereabouts. ????

7 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

A LONG time ago, there used to be a section/soi of bars owned by retired oil workers that was a couple/few blocks out the backside of soi cowboy. No idea if it still exists or how to find it as I don't live in BKK and haven't been there since around 2002 but, maybe the locals have an idea about its whereabouts. ????

Are you talking about Washington Square? Died long ago. RIP.

On 3/12/2019 at 10:05 PM, Bang Bang said:

Are you talking about Washington Square? Died long ago. RIP.

Loved washington square in the old days. Now as you say, it's gone as is the "painter" bars in soi 33 Renoir was the pick of them for me, all sadly gone now as well.

Archived