Netizens show support for rescue man after he waits till dawn with a corpse

webfact

Netizens show support for rescue man after he waits till dawn with a corpse

52778869_2233351730262781_4468592375437983744_n.jpg

Picture: Alex Marine Junyatanakorn//THai Rath

Netizens reacted with support after Ruam Katanyu Foundation transferred one of its staff to clerical duties pending an investigation. 

He has been singled out after police did nothing when a man died. 

Ruam Katanyu - one of the foundations that goes around Thailand picking up accident victims and helping the injured - were upset when Noppadol Seethongkham went online to complain about the police.

After a man jumped into the Chao Praya River and divers fished him out dead at 2am on Saturday Noppadol was obliged to wait until dawn with the corpse. 

None of four police precincts contacted would take responsibility. 

Eventually Bang Kruai police decided it was their job. But by now it was light.

Ruam Katanyu didn't like it when Noppadol did not delete his post. They said they have been working hand in hand with the police for decades and could do without this bad publicity. 

Noppadol is now at HQ shuffling paper rather than picking up corpses and the injured. 

Thai Rath said that netizens commented that "real gold is not affected by fire" -  a saying in support of the beleaguered staffer. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-04

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

Ruam Katanyu - one of the foundations that goes around Thailand picking up accident victims and helping the injured - were upset when Noppadol Seethongkham went online to complain about the police.

And why shouldn't he? The cops from four stations not bothering to turn up when there is a dead body is an absolute disgrace, which should be publicised. It is the idiot at Ruam Katanyu who has had the rescue worker transferred who is blatantly in the wrong. If anyone deserves to be suspended, transferred or sacked it is him.

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

Netizens reacted with support after Ruam Katanyu Foundation transferred one of its staff to clerical duties pending an investigation

Good on the netizens. And shame on people who should know better and say stuff like, "this happens in other countries too". 

28 minutes ago, webfact said:

None of four police precincts contacted would take responsibility. 

I once remember a long time ago a New Zealand ex-cop telling me a similar story. In his province if they found a corpse in the river they would push it back out into the current to send it downstream to the next jurisdiction. From all accounts that was a traditional practice in the fast flowing rivers of New Zealand. 

It in fact was a complex matter due to the local police districts setup in Bangkok.  And suspect no senior officers available to make the decision, which had to be made for autopsy to be performed.

Person jumped from bridge in one district - landed in second district side of river and was pulled out on other side of river in 3rd district area.  

Body snatchers are a business and need to maintain a good working relationship with the cops in order to have access.  Slagging off the cops, even if he was right, was stupid, and his employer was forced into damage control mode.  

Just another simpleton who can't keep fingers off his phone's keyboard, venting every thought and feeling in the moment on social media.  I'm happy/sad/angry/hungry/drunk/stoned/horny/tired, bored, etc. 

45 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

I once remember a long time ago a New Zealand ex-cop telling me a similar story. In his province if they found a corpse in the river they would push it back out into the current to send it downstream to the next jurisdiction. From all accounts that was a traditional practice in the fast flowing rivers of New Zealand. 

Have heard similar anecdotes in relation to Auckland's harbour. Different jurisdiction on either side of the harbour, so there was incentive for the body to float the opposite way...

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

That's on the lines of the glasgow cop who one night found a dead horse on Sauchiehall street and dragged it to Hope street as it was easier to spell on the report.

3 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Ah, the unoriginal "take your meds" cliche regurgitated by the uninformed. :coffee1:

I didn't invent the term Body Snatchers for the EMS clowns, it's been around awhile. And now you know.  You're welcome.

And was common usage years ago - here is a ThaiVisa post from 2006

Archived