Work Permit Cancellation

Dear All,

I am currently employed and seeking to transfer to a new employer.

Is it fine not to cancel my current work permit and process a new one with my new employer?

I can cut my visa by going on a border run to cambodia. 

Please let me know whats the best thing to do. 

Thank you

You could change employers without leaving the country.

You new employer would have to apply for you new work permit to get a work permit application approval letter and then with supporting documents you could cancel your current extension with a termination letter from your current employer and then apply for a new  extension. The after your current work permit the new one could be issued.

If not then it would be best to cancel your current extension before leaving the country to avoid problems when apply for a new one. Some immigration offices are insisting on it being formally canceled before they will issue a new one.

Hi Ubonjoe,

What is the process? I currently have the permission to stay based on my current employers visa and work permit.

What are the documents needed for my new employer to apply for new working permit and visa under their company? I believe I have to leave the country? 

Thank you. 

57 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could change employers without leaving the country.

You new employer would have to apply for you new work permit to get a work permit application approval letter and then with supporting documents you could cancel your current extension with a termination letter from your current employer and then apply for a new  extension. The after your current work permit the new one could be issued.

If not then it would be best to cancel your current extension before leaving the country to avoid problems when apply for a new one. Some immigration offices are insisting on it being formally canceled before they will issue a new one.

29 minutes ago, Kim93 said:

What are the documents needed for my new employer to apply for new working permit and visa under their company? I believe I have to leave the country? 

They should know what is required. No different in your case than others.

You will not have to leave the country if they are willing to do what I described.