Pool at nice beach close to Pattaya??

moonseeker

I have seen a Facebook picture w/o details explained with a large semi-public? pool, directly on a nice! beach not far from Pattaya City. Seems to be a restaurant or possibly

hotel that welcomes outside guests. Anybody can help with location and details...? Thank you.  MS>

First if anyone could tell us where there is a "nice beach" near Pattaya. Maybe you might get some answers.

There did used to be a restaurant with a nice pool area towards the Bali Hai end of Walking St. No nice beach though.

We rented a nice condo for a couple of weeks in Jomtien in January. It was high class with an adjacent hotel, right on the water with two pools. However, if we walked off the grounds we encountered huge mounds of garbage everywhere. Every empty lot was a garbage dump and also had large packs of dogs. The beach road was nothing special and trying to enjoy an evening walk sucked as we encounter idling buses, and people tossing their garbage in the rocks of the waterfront when they finished eating. The place smelled and with all the open pipes draining into the sea, there is no way I would swim there. Magnificent condos and a crappy beachfront made for an interesting combination that we will not be revisiting. Back to boring Issan for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, SpokaneAl said:

We rented a nice condo for a couple of weeks in Jomtien in January. It was high class with an adjacent hotel, right on the water with two pools. However, if we walked off the grounds we encountered huge mounds of garbage everywhere. Every empty lot was a garbage dump and also had large packs of dogs. The beach road was nothing special and trying to enjoy an evening walk sucked as we encounter idling buses, and people tossing their garbage in the rocks of the waterfront when they finished eating. The place smelled and with all the open pipes draining into the sea, there is no way I would swim there. Magnificent condos and a crappy beachfront made for an interesting combination that we will not be revisiting. Back to boring Issan for us.

Sadly, that scene you describe could be the downfall of the new developments at Na Jomtien and Bang Saray.

10 hours ago, SpokaneAl said:

Nobody actually swims in the sea- that’s why the pools are there. However would agree - go off the beaten track slightly - the rubbish dumps are horrendous. It’s sad how Thais have no idea how to treat their local environment- and there can be no blame on those pesky foreigners.

10 hours ago, SpokaneAl said:

its sooo sad that thai people dont take any pride in their lovely beach areas.

my family made similar comments after their first visit here in january--they added--it smells..

even after staying here for a number of years--the rubbish on the streetsides and stray soi dogs, sickens me.

3 hours ago, murraynz said:

does the poster mean 'pattaya park'  near pattaya park tower/hotel, with the gondala...

its right on Dongtan beach...a nice beach area, but the pools are a bit 'old'...

That's where i thought he meant. Yes old but still good fun and very cheap entrance fee.

52 minutes ago, Kenchamp said:

Yes old but still good fun and very cheap entrance fee.

Beware the big slider though - if sliding on your back you'll be airborne in the middle and slam down fairly hard. The Thai cowboys there slide down it standing, fairly impressive and positively suicidal. One good thing about the place is you can bring your own food & drinks. It's usually been about 99% Thais. At least since the Russians vacated the area.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:56 AM, Kim J said:

First if anyone could tell us where there is a "nice beach" near Pattaya. Maybe you might get some answers.

There did used to be a restaurant with a nice pool area towards the Bali Hai end of Walking St. No nice beach though.

Great first sentence. Nice beach and Pattaya do not belong in the same sentence.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:00 AM, murraynz said:

its sooo sad that thai people dont take any pride in their lovely beach areas.

my family made similar comments after their first visit here in january--they added--it smells..

even after staying here for a number of years--the rubbish on the streetsides and stray soi dogs, sickens me.

Pattaya would be absolute heaven if the waters were good. Gosh the Jomtien strand walk for a few kms is pretty nice looking stretch of land.  When I first visited Pattaya in 2004 (I hail from Florida and California), I was thinking, wow, so much fun and near the sea.  I quickly found out about the beach quality.  But the Pattaya infrastructure has no provisions for proper sewage or grey water or even rain water run off control.  Just think of all those hotels, big and small, and restaurants now packed into Pattaya and where there sinks and toilets drain to. 

Archived