Mystery foreigner found hanged from tree on Pratumnak Hill

webfact

Mystery foreigner found hanged from tree on Pratumnak Hill

1pm1.jpg

Picture: Pattaya Update News

Pattaya police were called yesterday evening after a local man found an unidentified foreigner hanged from a tree in a vacant lot on Pratumnak Hill. 

Forensics officers and Sawang Boriboon rescue foundation joined the cops at the waste ground which is surrounded by barbed wire on Soi 6. 

There they found a white male aged 40-45 said Rak Siam News. (Pattaya Update News put his age as 35 - 40 and additionally said his height was 180 - 185 cms). 

The man was attached to a five meter high branch by a three meter long green cord around his neck. The man was found on his knees. 

He had a small blood injury to his right thigh believed to have been cause by coming into contact with the branch.

There were no signs of a struggle or other injuries and he was thought to have been dead for two days.

There was no ID on the body that was clothed in black and white clothing, white shoes and a black cap.

Police said it looks like suicide - the body has been sent for autopsy.

The body was found by a member of the public who went in the lot to relieve himself and noticed a foul odor. 

Source: Rak Siam NewsPattaya Update News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-05

I really wish the cops would do at least some primary investigations before drawing their suicide conclusions. I mean has the idea ever crossed their heads that it might be a murder, set up to look like suicide? Having said that, their powers of deduction are not that bright, so they probably couldn't work anything complicated out anyway.

7 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I really wish the cops would do at least some primary investigations before drawing their suicide conclusions. I mean has the idea ever crossed their heads that it might be a murder, set up to look like suicide? Having said that, their powers of deduction are not that bright, so they probably couldn't work anything complicated out anyway.

but they didn't conclude anything. they said it looks like suicide which it certainly does. the body has been sent to autopsy which is part of an investigation into the death. they will investigate further to find out who he is no doubt. it might end there or they may uncover some suspicious circumstances. but the reality is the guy probably topped himself. 

29 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

"Looks like suicide" is an initial observation not the final conclusion to the investigation, as the story says the body is being sent for an autopsy, ie: the investigation is ongoing.

Fair observation by cops. It "looks" like suicide. I would have closed the case right there only because it's Pattaya and so predictable usually the same 3 triggers, bar girl, alcoholic running out of money

Next!

29 minutes ago, mikebell said:

What kind of troubled mind commits suicide at the age of 40?

it's really sad but it is most likely he had history of depression or mental illness and perhaps drug and alcohol abuse. take keith flint for example. he was lined up to play glastonbury this year, had a hit album at the end of last year. went on a local 10k run a few day ago and just killed himself. everyone said he seemed happy. but, he did have a history of depression, had split from his mrs and was in the process of selling the farmhouse he loved and reports say he had started abusing drugs again. seems those that close to him have mixed feelings of both sadness and anger. it happens too often and there is nearly always a way out if they reach out for help but depression is often a lonely condition which one suffers inwardly and ultimately can lead some to take their own lives.

Not saying this bloke suffered from depression but a significant number of people who commit suicide have histories of depression rather than just some bad news in their lives

14 minutes ago, MARK74 said:

it's really sad but it is most likely he had history of depression or mental illness and perhaps drug and alcohol abuse. take keith flint for example. he was lined up to play glastonbury this year, had a hit album at the end of last year. went on a local 10k run a few day ago and just killed himself. everyone said he seemed happy. but, he did have a history of depression, had split from his mrs and was in the process of selling the farmhouse he loved and reports say he had started abusing drugs again. seems those that close to him have mixed feelings of both sadness and anger. it happens too often and there is nearly always a way out if they reach out for help but depression is often a lonely condition which one suffers inwardly and ultimately can lead some to take their own lives.

Not saying this bloke suffered from depression but a significant number of people who commit suicide have histories of depression rather than just some bad news in their lives

You made this up, or you have a source? 

Just now, Hummin said:

You made this up, or you have a source? 

You may have misread the post from @MARK74 He is using the example of the artist Keith Flint's suicide to show how depression can strike quickly leading to suicide. He is not saying Keith Flint hanged himself on Pratumnak Hill.

1 hour ago, MARK74 said:
1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

but they didn't conclude anything. they said it looks like suicide which it certainly does. the body has been sent to autopsy which is part of an investigation into the death. they will investigate further to find out who he is no doubt. it might end there or they may uncover some suspicious circumstances. but the reality is the guy probably topped himself. 

The problems is that there is now face attached to the initial declaration that it looks like suicide.  And we all know how much Asians enjoy admitting they were wrong, and losing face in the process.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The man was attached to a five meter high branch by a three meter long green cord around his neck. The man was found on his knees. 

Perhaps someone can explain to me how those numbers can possibly add up? Unless of course the guy was about 2.5 metres tall.

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Thai police are woefully unprepared to conduct an investigation of any type.  About a year or two ago the Junta leader publicly suggested his police commanders start watching the American Television series CSI, so they would know how to properly process a crime scene.  You just can't make stuff like this up.   

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Another opportunity for people to tell us how the Police call everything suicide before investigating. Yippee

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Suicide is only 10cm of paper work, Murder 30cm simple!

40 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

You may have misread the post from @MARK74 He is using the example of the artist Keith Flint's suicide to show how depression can strike quickly leading to suicide. He is not saying Keith Flint hanged himself on Pratumnak Hill.

I just learned about Keith´s suicide. I believe more and more expats do struggle with their mind down here, when they do not find what they are searching. And of course on top of that ending up in a bad economic situation. 

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I really wish the cops would do at least some primary investigations before drawing their suicide conclusions. I mean has the idea ever crossed their heads that it might be a murder, set up to look like suicide? Having said that, their powers of deduction are not that bright, so they probably couldn't work anything complicated 

Upset the wrong people in that place, you could end up being strangled, followed by being hung up on a tree. Case closed, if it is indeed suicide what a dark way to go!

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

What kind of troubled mind commits suicide at the age of 40?

Depression like cancer does not discriminate between age or sex. It’s a vile unseen disease which has taken many lives male, female, young and old.  

If in fact it was suicide I hope he did not suffer and is at peace now. 

Archived