Mystery foreigner found hanged from tree on Pratumnak Hill

webfact

6 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Perhaps someone can explain to me how those numbers can possibly add up? Unless of course the guy was about 2.5 metres tall.

One simple response is to say that the branch broke. nowhere in the type you quoted does it say the branch is still connected to the tree.

Let's not forget a lot of local reporting in english may not have been tracked by native speaking english staff throughout. A loss in translation needs to be accounted for.

I am often baffled why so many people in life try to find alternative motives when Occam's Razor fits neatly.

I hope the person who was found has finally found peace. I just couldn't image how it could ever get to that point with the exception of having painful terminal illness or similar. 40 years old is not too late to start from nothing. It will take hard work, but it can be done.

If it is mental illness, it is sad they had no one to reach out to for help. Unfortunately on occasions I drop into pubs or whatever and have a chin wag when away on weekend trips, I all too often fall into a chat or conversations with so many westerners who reveal they seem either addicted to something, someone, or filled with resentment of their home country or Thailand or whatever.

If one feels that way, I would have thought most western countries are better equipped to deal with that mental anguish rather than a place like Thailand where cheap booze, women and drugs are so accessible.

1 hour ago, Farangwithaplan said:

One simple response is to say that the branch broke. nowhere in the type you quoted does it say the branch is still connected to the tree.

If the branch had broken I would have expected it to be in the report. They did take the trouble to mention the measurements in some detail.

8 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

If the branch had broken I would have expected it to be in the report. They did take the trouble to mention the measurements in some detail. 

What other logical explanation is there then? Maybe aliens?

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Police said it looks like suicide - the body has been sent for autopsy.

Although that sentence needs to be taken into context .

That isnt the official final Police theory about nthe circumstances .

A reporter at the scene just probably asked a random Policeman a few question and that was his reply .

Its not a conclusion to the death

10 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Must be suicide he was found on his knees ????

A lot of people go out this way instead of a regular hanging because there’s zero chance of suffocating for several minutes because of the use of the wrong rope or a wrongly knitted noose. 

If you cut off the blood supply to both your carotid arteries you will pass out within 10 seconds and then die fairly quickly while being unconscious. Much nicer way to go! 

Sad to hear a person felt so alone, isolated, and worthless to take their own life ... RIP mate.

The body in such a position is not as uncommon as some folks might think i.e. self-hanging where the person contacts the ground - and YES in positions like on the feet, toes, or knees, they get the rope length wrong - hit the floor, miscalculate the stretch factor in the rope under the momentum of the fall - hit the floor, the branch bends or partially fractures due to momentum and mass as ropes end - hit the floor, wind pipe crushes at the point of rope tightening and torquing - still hitting the floor - suffocate (evidence might/would be present of a struggle in this case (finger tips damaged, frantic tearing at the rope and the area of the neck by the fingers and nails as they struggle to free themselves) plus additional rope marking apart from the initial rope stricture mark (often very neat and clear).

This is common in the case of folks who self-hang !

Theres good evidence of this where some have been saved by others before dying, have reported while they were hanging they 'changed their minds' and tried to save themselves.

I've attended quite a few post-self-hangings where the folks have chocked out slowly - where they appear to have choked out deliberately as no evidence of the above self preservation imperative was present.

Often you see no attempt to create a long fall in an attempt to break the neck (as hanging carried out efficiently does), and left no evidence that they tried to struggle (prior to the self-harm told others they wanted to die, then left notes that definitely eliminate other person involvement).

Many, many self-hanging are actually slow choking events, to break the neck and die almost instantly is quite an exact science to complete.

If you are reading this post and you are thinking a lot about completing suicide, especially if you have any plans and are gathering equipment to complete suicide I urge you to reach out to someone who will be able to think clearly and act in care until you are safe again.  

...sorry but...quite a stretch...

...did he appear out of nowhere...???

..where was he all this time...and with whom...???

...irrelevant...???

...and how did he find this tree....

...and no I.D......

....R.I.P.....

16 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I really wish the cops would do at least some primary investigations before drawing their suicide conclusions. I mean has the idea ever crossed their heads that it might be a murder, set up to look like suicide? 

"Police said it looks like suicide - the body has been sent for autopsy".

Since when has that been a "conclusion"?

16 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Money problems perhaps 

But let it be up to all Sherlock Holmes in here to find out what really happened 

He was wearing white shoes. That right there was a cry for help. 

Been said before, but reporting suicide, encouraging suicide.

That's why advertising exists, and people pay handsomely for it.

Reporting suicide, or even accidental ODs other than celebrity deaths is generally avoided in more advanced societies. 

They generally even report a murder only after clearing with police, in case the reports could compromise the initial investigation, it's just common sense, and responsible reporting.

The phenomenon was first identified when suicides spiked after the death of Maryln Monroe.

Also their scene preservation behaviour and forensic discipline, is non-existent. It's like everywhere else, 50 years ago.

On 3/5/2019 at 8:24 AM, darksidedog said:

I really wish the cops would do at least some primary investigations before drawing their suicide conclusions. I mean has the idea ever crossed their heads that it might be a murder, set up to look like suicide? Having said that, their powers of deduction are not that bright, so they probably couldn't work anything complicated out anyway.

Aged 40-45 I wonder if he's the latest casualty from the new immigration rules?

Maybe he's due for a renewal, ploughed all his savings into setting up here and now cannot meet the new requirements and has nothing to go home to?

Just an idea.

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Aged 40-45 I wonder if he's the latest casualty from the new immigration rules?

What new changes would you expect he would have been impacted by? I cannot think of any.

15 hours ago, KittenKong said:

They did take the trouble to mention the measurements in some detail.

15 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Maybe the measurements are just wrong.

But they went to so much detail.

13 hours ago, JaiLai said:

I like the alein theory!

Me too... either that or it was caused by vaccines... ????

If the torso is not suspended and the weight is supported by the ground, it very likely is not suicide but masturbation gone wrong.  Solved a case when seaman discovered near the area of the Penis. Changed "Suicide" to accidental strangulation. Insurance company did not like our findings. (USAF OSI)

On 3/5/2019 at 10:14 AM, impulse said:

The problems is that there is now face attached to the initial declaration that it looks like suicide.  And we all know how much Asians enjoy admitting they were wrong, and losing face in the process.

Don't lump in all the Asians with the Thais where face is concerned. There is no place like Thailand for face, nowhere else even comes close. 

Just now, MiNombreEsFicticious said:

Don't lump in all the Asians with the Thais where face is concerned. There is no place like Thailand for face, nowhere else even comes close. 

To be fair , not even Thais in Thailand have so much of  concern about "losing face" , as much much as foreigners think .

Archived