Schengen Visa for Thai National via German Embassy

Good morning.

I have a Thai friend who wants to travel to Germany in June 2019 with her husband (also Thai) to visit a friend who they will stay with for a while but would also like to do touristy things & see a bit more of Germany.

I helped her with completing forms for a Schengen Visa for France in 2017 and although the details seem almost the same I am having problems claryifying this.  Ive tried to download the German Schengen Visa started completing it, saved it, went back into it and it hasn't saved.  Anyone have an online copy/link that I can save, fill in, save and then return to for further completion?  Once completed is the right place to send the form to VFS and organise an interview?

Any assistance would be appreciated as reading stuff on-line I seem to be going round in circles and getting nowhere!

I've attached a generic application form, as far as I'm aware they are all the same but some Consulates may tweek them a tad.

As I understand it VFS aren't operational yet, that's based on a translation on the German website, I believe your friends need to make an appointment to lodge their application.

Schengen Visa Form.pdf

12 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

I've attached a generic application form, as far as I'm aware they are all the same but some Consulates may tweek them a tad.

As I understand it VFS aren't operational yet, that's based on a translation on the German website, I believe your friends need to make an appointment to lodge their application.

Schengen Visa Form.pdf 218.97 kB · 0 downloads

Last year, VFS would only accept the Italian version for a Schengen to Italy.

8 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Last year, VFS would only accept the Italian version for a Schengen to Italy.

Yes, that's why I said I'd supplied the official generic form adding that some consulates may tweek it a tad. 

I think the OP wants to use the form as an aide memoire.

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

Yes, that's why I said I'd supplied the official generic form adding that some consulates may tweek it a tad. 

I think the OP wants to use the form as an aide memoire.

Hey, only English on TV  ..    LOL

2 hours ago, theoldgit said:

As I understand it VFS aren't operational yet, that's based on a translation on the German website

From the website.

VFS from August 1st 2019.

Until then Appointment for application has to be done online on the consulate website.

The system does not show any appointments possible for all of March 2018!

Next appointments from April 1.

Honorary consulates in Phuket and Chiang Mai will continue to accept visa applications.

No appointment needed.

Thanks for the advice so far.  Although I can open the pdf form it won't allow me to add any information?  What I was hoping to do was complete as much as I can, save it and then go back to it once I had further information.  What am I doing wrong that I can't input information?

6 hours ago, lyn said:

Thanks for the advice so far.  Although I can open the pdf form it won't allow me to add any information?  What I was hoping to do was complete as much as I can, save it and then go back to it once I had further information.  What am I doing wrong that I can't input information?

I use it to write out the details and copy onto the online form

It's quite annoying to get a german shengen visa.

If they don't have enough money themselves to show they need a formal obligation from the inviting host (called Verplfichtungserklaerung in german..).

To get that the host has to go to the local city hall or alien office and show all his finances, then he gets an official german state document that needs to be sent to thailand.

He basically has to take over all the financial risk for the visitor for up to 10 years in germany afaik - meaning its quite a burden.
They don't accept any other form of invition anymore unlike other EU countries...

Also you have to proof relationship with the sponsor if they ask.

Archived