Thailand faces two booze free weekends as election looms

webfact

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Great advertisement to vote for them.... Not. 

???? I bet there's no other country that ever had to ban booze because of voting. I feel like i am in some weird movie here... 

Nanny says no! 

Did nobody tell these people that the 17th March is St Patrick’s Day it’s celebrated world wide yet these people decide to have a dry weekend. Now I know why they advertise “ Amazing Thailand “

☘️☹️☘️☹️☘️☹️☘️

15 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Did nobody tell these people that the 17th March is St Patrick’s Day it’s celebrated world wide yet these people decide to have a dry weekend. Now I know why they advertise “ Amazing Thailand “

☘️☹️☘️☹️☘️☹️☘️

thumbnail_FB_IMG_1521332877384.jpg.ef4ed220e7d80f9ce72f4df0c3925c8b.jpg

9 minutes ago, SweetStickyRice said:

The lovely elderly lady downstairs at my local Family Mart by my condo whom I believe is the owner always gives me booze. Rain or shine, she gives me booze. She even prepares it in brown paper bags for me when it's raining. ????

You seem to be a very good regular customer of course. How many paper bags she prepares for you then? At the same time? 

Good. There are countries were selling of alcohol is prohibited it total, not just certain days. Cant see why some of my fellow Westeners get their knickers in a knot over this. When you are in another country you abide by their rules. Period! Have anyone noted that election day is on a Sunday. My oh my, in most other countries the citizens will go haywire if that should happen. They will demand a public holiday, nevermind the economy getting a knock because a normal working day must be given up. Just shows the lack of reason of modern society.

Those tourists going off because they cant buy a beer .... wanna see them going to mid eastern countries....... 

7 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

All those alcoholics getting withdrawal hallucinations, hard to predict how they will vote. Is there any pink elephant party?

I'm fine, just bought 2 large bottles of Sangsom (rum) and a Red Cock (vodka), that'll last me until the end of the month.

Village doesn’t have a ban all but one mom and pop shops (No 7/11 or other chain near by) close at 20:00. The one shop just say Yi Yi

and she will sell ...... only once was she not there late at night

7 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

???? I bet there's no other country that ever had to ban booze because of voting. I feel like i am in some weird movie here... 

Actually there is. In my home country (Norway) there is an alcohol ban on sale and serving on election days/voting days. Its always on mondays however - so it doesnt cause much stir...

Actually there is. In my home country (Norway) there is an alcohol ban on sale and serving on election days/voting days. Its always on mondays however - so it doesnt cause much stir...

I am shocked tbh as a german i couldn't imagine any of that non sense.

I lived in a whole bunch of countries including the usa and whenever i think about what the most free and fun country was i would always answer germany which is kinda weird as we aren't known to be funny people....

Also i am actually pissed right now as i just realized that on that weekend 3 friends will visit me from Germany for a festival in thailand which i guess is now booze free and not even worth going to because let's face it music festival without booze are rubbish.

What a rotten nanny state... Feel like i am living in my parents basement.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

I am shocked tbh as a german i couldn't imagine any of that non sense.

I lived in a whole bunch of countries including the usa and whenever i think about what the most free and fun country was i would always answer germany which is kinda weird as we aren't known to be funny people....

Also i am actually pissed right now as i just realized that on that weekend 3 friends will visit me from Germany for a festival in thailand which i guess is now booze free and not even worth going to because let's face it music festival without booze are rubbish.

What a rotten nanny state... Feel like i am living in my parents basement.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Wasn't it an Austrian guy whose kid was in his basement?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm fine, just bought 2 large bottles of Sangsom (rum) and a Red Cock (vodka), that'll last me until the end of the month.

If you show up at the voting station on 24th, i'm sure they'll help you pic the Pink Elephant Party anyway.

I was on a wedding party a table for 10.....2 bottles Chang.. 1 bottle Thai wishkey and 1 bottle green Fanta and not to forget a small bucket with ice,  If you want more go an buy it outside..... I left within 10 minutes the food porkleg and sticky rice..... ????

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that weddings and parties could still be organised at this time but there must be no alcohol.

Surely not if you buy it before and give it away for free. Unless they call that distribution of course.

8 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

"He said that weddings and parties could still be organised at this time but there must be no alcohol."

Killjoys with a capital "K."  A party with no bevy  . . . . ???? ????

You just buy your alcohol early dude or just buy it from one of the mom and pop shops because they’ll still sell it to you but if you want the good imported stuff you’ll have to buy it early.  People still drink during the no alcohol days they can’t stop you.  

9 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I am from New Mexico in the US no booze from 7am until 7pm this is the duration of the election

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

If I was voting, I wouldn't be overly happy with the killjoy party, that stops the party.

Additionally, I would have thought there was a better chance of the election being rigged, without people noticing, if they had had a few drinks.

The amount of alchohol free days in a year here is already pretty crazy.

Besides the fact that every mom and pop will continue to sell their wares regardless of any bs laws ????

possibly an argument for a dual system in favour of foreigners!

if you are not going to vote then buying alcohol and being drunk is not a problem. sell alcohol only to foreigners! your passport is your right to get drunk!

though as a non-drinker i couldn't care less ????

9 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Costa Rica bans alcohol from Friday to Monday for election day on Sunday following mass.

10 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

"He said that weddings and parties could still be organised at this time but there must be no alcohol."

Jeez, some of the guys I know would never have got married unless they were tanked up first!!!!

Archived