Video: Drunk motorcyclist on his phone takes it out on old man in election poster pick-up

webfact

Video: Drunk motorcyclist on his phone takes it out on old man in election poster pick-up

7pm.jpg

video screenshot

A dash cam video showed a motorcyclist pick up a rock and smash the window of a pick-up setting up election posters in Chiang Rai. 

Moments earlier the motorcyclist - who was blind drunk - was upset after the old driver of the pick-up hooted him at a red light.

He was playing on his phone and was oblivious that the lights had changed. 

Only intervention by members of the public stopped a bad situation getting much worse. 

A citizen's arrest was made and the man - aged 27 - was soon in police custody. 

He has been charged with drunk driving and criminal damage. 

The incident happened Sunday on Pahonyothin Road near the Sahamitr Intersection outbound of the northern Thai city of Chiang Rai. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
 -- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-05

7pm.jpg.ea91e98df3be3f75fb23feebede72f06.jpg
video screenshot

A dash cam video showed a motorcyclist pick up a rock and smash the window of a pick-up setting up election posters in Chiang Rai. 

Moments earlier the motorcyclist - who was blind drunk - was upset after the old driver of the pick-up hooted him at a red light.

He was playing on his phone and was oblivious that the lights had changed. 

Only intervention by members of the public stopped a bad situation getting much worse. 

A citizen's arrest was made and the man - aged 27 - was soon in police custody. 

He has been charged with drunk driving and criminal damage. 

The incident happened Sunday on Pahonyothin Road near the Sahamitr Intersection outbound of the northern Thai city of Chiang Rai. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai%2Bvisa_news.jpg&key=07605ee8009e033e42aebb80e2dcd682bb500b914912a36112e686ab3ed5fbdc  -- [emoji2398] Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-05  
[/url]  
Well done those guys for intervening.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Drunk while riding - its is such a regular occurrence here its almost news when someone isn’t drunk on the roads !... 

That said, and slight off topic: Those election posters are a nuisance. 

They’re blocking visibility at intersections and turns. The stick out into the road, they are sometimes fallen of into the road. They are blocking the pavement (side walk) forcing pedestrians into the road. They are a danger. 

My wife’s friend hit one with her wing mirror as it was sticking too far out into the road. It smashed her mirror. 

42 minutes ago, webfact said:

Alcohol, the prefered legal drug by most governments.

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

My wife’s friend hit one with her wing mirror as it was sticking too far out into the road. It smashed her mirror. 

So long as there wasn't damage to the poster I think she'll be OK.

Rooster

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Come on, she had a steering wheel.

Driving drunk, distracted while on a cellphone, throwing a stone through a truck window endangering the well being of the person inside. I would give the guy a four-year sentence, shortened to two if he pleaded guilty and have him serve the full four if he did not. :coffee1:

Thailand in social meltdown.. the slightest thing will trigger a response like this.

Can you imagine what's going to happen directly after the election vote is counted & the results given out and it doesn't sit tight with what you wanted to hear!!

My Thai wife warned me never to use the horn in a strong manner unless to avoid an accident, otherwise the person 'hooted' will react totally out of proportion to the tooting. A barely toot to wake someone up or warn of dangerous move is acceptable. My driver never lays on the horn unless being cut off by a semi.

I had a "feted" dog entangle my motorcycle front wheel...no time to tootle, it just ran out from behind a rubbish bin on the side of the road

very painful for the dog

(died eventually)

my wife and I, 2 weeks of painful bandage changes for the "road rash" [emoji35]

55 minutes ago, BigUnMerican said:

When I'm driving in Thailand, I tootel my trumpet horn melodiously, at first...

And also give wide space to the festive dog that makes sport in the road. ????

images (56).jpeg

Reminde me of notices in Japanese, Thai and English at a Japanese factory just outside Bkk.

The notice includes instruction on how to walk correctly.  

Archived