Big Joke: Big Pom (DPM Prawit) did not have a cup of coffee for 12,000 baht using public money

webfact

Big Joke: Big Pom (DPM Prawit) did not have a cup of coffee for 12,000 baht using public money

บิ๊กโจ๊กนำทีมจับผู้ต้องหาแชร์ข้อความ-3-768x512.jpg

Picture: INN

Immigration chief Lt-Gen Surachate "Big Joke" Hakparn has announced the arrest of four men on charges of propagating and sharing fake news.

Two more are also wanted - they include the deputy leader of the Future Forward Party (the one with the triangle logo) Pongsakorn Rotchomphu. 

They could get five years in jail for their crime. 

Lt-Gen Surachate told a packed news conference that the integrity of the government and national security was at risk after it was claimed that Gen Prawit Wongsuwan, the deputy prime minister and Defense Minister - was alleged to have used 82,000 baht of public budget for himself and a few cohorts to have coffee. 

It was claimed on the www.one31news.com site that the coffee was 12,000 baht a cup and there was a misleading photo-shopped picture of Prawit and adviser Phaisan Pheutmongkhon, said Surachate. 

The arrests were made after a complaint to the tech police - that Surachate also acts for - came from General Burin Thongpraphai.

The nabbed suspects were named as Bunyeun Saenkhoon, 43, Wisarut Theerapanyawat, 34, Pricha Thatsana, 31 and thirty eight year old Kasemsan Thuaymat. 

Surachate said that in addition to the four already arrested summonses have been issued for Prapreut Jaengthuam, 44, and Future Forward Party deputy Pongsakorn. 

บิ๊กโจ๊กนำทีมจับผู้ต้องหาแชร์ข้อความ-1-768x512.jpg

Picture: INN

If they don't turn themselves in they will be arrested, said the Lt-Gen, describing the fake news as damaging to the government and a threat to national security. 

The crime of making fake news and sharing it can be punished by five years in jail or a 100,000 baht fine or both.

Earlier reports in the Thai media suggested that Pongsakorn had admitted to sharing the news. 

Thaivisa notes that Surachate has a close relationship with DPM Prawit - known in the Thai media as Big Pom. 

Last year it was reported that he was a regular visitor to the DPM's house amid claims that Big Pom was instrumental in Big Joke's meteoric rise through the police ranks.

Big Joke is currently head of immigration but often acts on tech issues and matters related to the tourist police.

Big Pom is the minister who was embroiled in the expensive watch scandal and who was exonerated after an inquiry.

The Future Forward Party is seen as a key opponent and critic of the current government.

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-05

Please explain how it is a threat to national security? Will it lead to China invading or throngs of people storming the barricades burning all in their path? 

And if he is worried about damaging the image of the government well perhaps he could issues summonses for the entire cabinet as they seem to do a pretty good job on a near daily basis of damaging their own image. I think the PM suggesting he would 'punch someone in the mouth' is pretty damaging to the image of the government.  

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

Lt-Gen Surachate told a packed news conference that the integrity of the government and national security was at risk

Jesus H. Christ.

Surely this is a translation mistake.

Surely?

National security at risk?

Let me get that straight fat watchman arranges a trip to Hawaii and countless other useless activities wasting our tax money, “borrows” Million Baht watches from a dead friend and the guy in charge of immigration defends him?
I see only one risk to national security here - old fatty himself.

Oh I of course forgot fatty with the watches was the one who gave him the job!
Makes me sick to the stomach watching these bastards robbing the country and defending each other.
National security are they kidding?

Even if fatty and his cronies drop dead tomorrow the real impact on the country would be roughly as important as a sack of rice falling over in China!

Why don’t they just all do us a favor and jump into a coffin and close the cover! Nobody would miss this garbage and the world would suddenly be a much better place !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

59 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Looks like the democratically elected junta wants to eliminate the very popular triangle for a fair and honest election in the one horse race????

as I said in another thread, someone is feeling threatened  ….

They really are clutching at straws to shut down any opposition in what is a clearly rigged process anyway. Fear of their Ivory Castles being torn away from them is certainly forcing they to show themselves for who they truly are.

19 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Where do they sell cups of coffee for 12.000 baht?

I'm willing to step in and fill in a gap in this niche market should it be required ????

Free cookies! ????

This is a clear cut case for the absolute need for more subs, tanks, helicopters, jets ect. Fake news (if it is?) is the most dangerous thing facing any govt. Ofcoarse the most threatening thing to this govt junta is a free and fair election which this is just more evidence of that not happening. Top pic.: Collective IQ????? 

fake retraction statement:

I hereby offer a complete and utter retraction, the claim was totally without basis in fact and was in no way fair comment and I deeply regret any distress my allegations may have caused the general, or his family and friends. It is now clear to me that I have made a horrible mistake by stating that Gen Prawit had consumed a 12,000 baht cup of coffee, when in fact the price was in Dollars!

5 hours ago, otherstuff1957 said:

Big Joke is basically Prawit's puppet.  Prawit knows that he doesn't have enough public appeal to become a popular leader, so he used Thai media to create the image of Big Joke as a supercop.

Actually, imho, Khun Big Joke is being groomed as a Prime Ministry candidate sometime within the next decade. Dude is being fast-tracked and has become the general spokesman for virtually all things Thai whether it's in his logical purview or not. 

33 minutes ago, connda said:

Actually, imho, Khun Big Joke is being groomed as a Prime Ministry candidate sometime within the next decade. Dude is being fast-tracked and has become the general spokesman for virtually all things Thai whether it's in his logical purview or not. 

Agree 100%.  And I wouldn't be surprised if he uses that new AI to track down all of us who post uncomplimentary things about him and throw us out of the country!  ????

26 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I think it depends on how many you drink although the report says per cup. It was all paid for anyway by a friend who has since died.

As one would, receiving a bill for 12,000 baht for a cup of coffee.

Archived