bank requirements for visa extension

10 minutes ago, bigblubber said:

I have to go back on 4 June with my bankbook to show that the funds remain intact. A document they give you states that this is a requirement and only 3 months after your extension is issued can you touch the money!

I can’t beleive they are insisting on this. Ridiculous!

It implies that extensions will be cancelled if the balance drops below the 800K minimum.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 2

It implies that extensions will be cancelled if the balance drops below the 800K minimum.
Just extra admin for them when they could do it yearly instead. Maybe they are looking for tip opportunities if someone drops below 800k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agreed, it does sound ridiculous, not being able touch your own money. But this is that the tactic that BJ has introduced to tackle the dubious and probably illegal activity of the agents. And their clients of course.

Maybe it will be withdrawn once they've all been dealt with.

Agents are just laying low for a little while, apparently

1 hour ago, bigblubber said:

Just did my yearly visa extension at Immigration in Jomtien. Everything was in order but I have to go back on 4 June with my bankbook to show that the funds remain intact. A document they give you states that this is a requirement and only 3 months after your extension is issued can you touch the money!

Did they actually tell you that you had to come back? Or, are you assuming that based on the document they gave you? You stated that the document they gave you states that you have to come back in 3 mths to show them you still have the 800k in bank. Would you be so kind as to please upload the document they gave you for everyone's benefit.

Edited by BertM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

Let's wait until OP responds to my question on whether they actually told him that he needed to come back on June 4 (in 3 mths) or whether he is interpreting that he does from the document they gave him. I asked him to please upload the document so it will benefit everyone.

Edited by BertM
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bigblubber said:

Everything was in order but I have to go back on 4 June with my bankbook to show that the funds remain intact

Good feedback, thanks. What if you had plans to travel I wonder?

Ubonjoe,

A report of someone saying they have to go back in 3 mths to show bank book showing 800k still in bank. I asked if Immigration told him he has to come back or whether he is just interpreting that from the document they gave him. No response yet... It would be nice to see the document if it indeed states you have to go back in 3 mths to show bank book. Kindly...

Edited by BertM
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

He didn't actually say they told him to come back, only that he has to go back on June 4 since the document says he has to have the money in the bank for 3 mths. Let's see if the OP will clear up the matter on whether they actually told him to come back and whether the document actually states he has to come back in 3 mths. I travel a lot myself and rarely have to do 90-day reports, so what will they do, check my bank book at the airport. Kindly...

Edited by BertM

12 minutes ago, hereforgood said:

FB_IMG_1551773236082.jpg.ac753506a6f5a2fd500c9f6ee736b854.jpg

ays come back 4th june at the bottom

Just curious @hereforgood... where did you get bigblubber's report document? Or, is this your report document? Was this for a first-time extension or a renewal?

Edited by BertM

18 minutes ago, hereforgood said:

From a Facebook page poster claimed this was given to him along with his extension and asked to return on the date at the bottom.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

The OP is a Newbie with this being his first post. I hope he will reply and clear up whether this document is actually his or not and whether this was his first-time extension or a renewal. With hundreds of people renewing every day in Jomtien, we should be hearing something if they are requiring this now. I guess only time will tell... I am always traveling so I rarely do 90-day reports. Thanks for posting...

Edited by BertM

So now we have to make another visit to Immigration.  I wonder what the fine will be for not being there within +- days of the date stated.  Yes, Thai Immigration is a bloated make work bureaucracy they want the farang to pay for.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I just wondered it might be a good idea to see them prior to traveling and arrange for a later date, when money is no object. ????

So if this is true, will you have to come in later to show you haven't gone under 400K?

What if you do go under?

Are you instantly deported?

What if you're traveling outside Thailand at report time? 

If any of this is real, this is very disturbing. 

What about people on current extensions trying to LEAVE Thailand? That will be many of us.

Part of the leaving process is getting your money out of Thailand. 

Is our money a prisoner here now? 

49 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That will be many of us.

Part of the leaving process is getting your money out of Thailand. 

Is our money a prisoner here now? 

Which bank(s) locked your money that prevented you from making withdrawals, is it because of your bank loans outstanding ?

1 hour ago, BertM said:

The OP is a Newbie with this being his first post. I hope he will reply and clear up whether this document is actually his or not and whether this was his first-time extension or a renewal. With hundreds of people renewing every day in Jomtien, we should be hearing something if they are requiring this now. I guess only time will tell... I am always traveling so I rarely do 90-day reports. Thanks for posting...

I personally wouldn't trust a Newbie with this type of information about Jomtien.  I would wait until another Jomtien poster or two verifies.    However,  according to the website for volunteers at Phuket Immigration, Phuket IO will randomly select retirement extensions to undergo a 90-day consideration period.  

http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/changes-regarding-retirement-extension-application/

54 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What if you do go under?

Are you instantly deported?

my guess would be extension cancelled and possibly not allowed to renew for a period of time

and if you are out of the country on that date then report later, your bank book will still show you met the rules

10 minutes ago, smedly said:

so if some use an agent the agent will get one of these forms also lol

this whole thing just gets more absurd by the day

No, it is the opposite.  Use an agent and never get one of these forms.   These new rules are designed to send more people to agents.   That is why all the new rules are "gotcha" rules.  

Edited by SEtonal
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bigblubber said:

Everything was in order but I have to go back on 4 June with my bankbook to show that the funds remain intact. A document they give you states that this is a requirement and only 3 months after your extension is issued can you touch the money!

Another case indicating the "won't matter until you apply next year" theory was not correct.  Looks like they may be triple-dipping brown-envelopes with the agents, as was reported early-on (agents do the application plus the follow-up reports).  Or, maybe these are "random" - i.e. "Only required of honest in-person applicants" - much like home-visits, the initial bank-seasoning, etc.

4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Agreed, it does sound ridiculous, not being able touch your own money. But this is that the tactic that BJ has introduced to tackle the dubious and probably illegal activity of the agents. And their clients of course.

No - it is to increase the agent-proceeds, because the agents will be charging for the follow-up visits, or agent-apps exempt from those check-ups entirely.  Just watch.

• Like 2