bank requirements for visa extension

36 minutes ago, smedly said:

so if some use an agent the agent will get one of these forms also lol

this whole thing just gets more absurd by the day

I doubt they will give an agent such a form... It will most likely be printed on a brown envelope... :coffee1:

• Like 2

I would prefer the monthly income method but it is not yet clear to me how i "prove" my income comes from abroad. I don't want to rely on that method and then find when i go for my extension that one of the months income shows as an internal transfer. Then it's too late to have the 800k in the bank.
Swift. Send a test transfer to your bank and see how it is reflected on the bank statement
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:
4 minutes ago, Henryford said:
I would prefer the monthly income method but it is not yet clear to me how i "prove" my income comes from abroad. I don't want to rely on that method and then find when i go for my extension that one of the months income shows as an internal transfer. Then it's too late to have the 800k in the bank.

Swift. Send a test transfer to your bank and see how it is reflected on the bank statement

Thanks scuba yes i could try that but it doesn't guarantee that all 12 will show up as such. What happens if the 12th transfer doesn't show as external, just before i go to Immigration ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

That is a fake document.  Look at it closely!

I am doing. What am I looking for please?

Oh yes, sorry MUSH !

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 2

Thanks scuba yes i could try that but it doesn't guarantee that all 12 will show up as such. What happens if the 12th transfer doesn't show as external, just before i go to Immigration ?
It will. If you use the same banks, the same swift process will be used, if the first one is International, the others will too. I'm doing the same. I've asked Kasikorn to set me up so i get the credit advice for every transfer, not only that, I'm receiving copies of the swift instruction MT103s.

Transferwise on the other hand can't be relied upon
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I am doing. What am I looking for please?

Oh yes, sorry MUSH !

As Sean Connery would say "I mush agree with you/me"

There are a few other "faults/tell-tales"!

This whole thread should be closed and treated as "fake news" until a proper copy of the supposed document is provided.

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

That is a fake document.  Look at it closely!

A mistype doesn't make it a fake. What purpose would making a fake serve.

immigration is not known for its perfect English.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 2

I will put 800K into the bank three months before my retirement extension becomes due and hope that everything is hunky dory.

I'm unclear on the process if you switch method. So for you you appear to be switching from income method to 800k method, any technicalities with switching mid year?

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm unclear on the process if you switch method. So for you you appear to be switching from income method to 800k method, any technicalities with switching mid year?

Hmmmm..........not that I'm aware of Scuba, after all when I went last October and presented my lengthy list of documents which included two letters from different embassies, banking history from Bangkok bank, copies of my bank book and statements and the signed bank letter, the IO, after not being too pleased about having to wade through all that paperwork, suggested next year I might want to put 800K in the bank!!  

So 3 months before my due date this coming October, 800k will go into the bank from my NZ account.

Always open for feedback if someone can see any glitches!

It appears that possibly this "return date" portion of the document is not part of the actual immigration order but rather an added after thought by policeman joe there... for whatever self serving reasons are under consideration.

Nowhere in the doc does it state any requirements to return to immigration for a bank-book/balance update, only at the end of the doc, outside the rule box, its official nature as part of the amended immigration rule(s) thus is questionable.

It appears that possibly this "return date" portion of the document is not part of the actual immigration order but rather an added after thought by policeman joe there... for whatever self serving reasons are under consideration.

Nowhere in the doc does it state any requirements to return to immigration for a bank-book/balance update, only at the end of the doc, outside the rule box, its official nature as part of the amended immigration rule(s) thus is questionable.

Well, Jomtien is a well populated immigration so I’m sure someone can verify if this is actually happening or an elaborate hoax .
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hereforgood said:

OK then ignore I posted this up just as it was posted on Facebook another Facebook poster got the same fake document from immigration today.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

What Facebook poster?  Check it and if fake news have it taken off of Facebook.  Of course I suppose there is some reason that we can't know the name of the Facebook poster?

What Facebook poster?  Check it and if fake news have it taken off of Facebook.  Of course I suppose there is some reason that we can't know the name of the Facebook poster?
It is a member of a group that isn't a public group it's a closed group and because of that I'm not disclosing the posters name . I posted it here simply for information for others. Should it turn out to be false information then so be it. As I've posted a second person on that same thread has said that they were given that form as well.

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Well, Jomtien is a well populated immigration so I’m sure someone can verify if this is actually happening or an elaborate hoax .

Anyone who read Jomtien's cut/paste of the TM-28 + TM-30 rules, to try to justify making the TM-30 the foreigner's responsibility, would not expect much in terms of documents from them.  

And lest we forget the doc the Non-O stamp lady in that office invented and was using for awhile - the one where income-qualifications was entirely absent, and seasoning had been added to the money-in-the-bank option.

The OP's experience + document would seem to confirm, in part, what an agent relayed through a member a few weeks back:

Maybe it's all just a bunch of "fake news" for some unexplained reason - but I doubt it.  Qui bono?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hereforgood said:

It is a member of a group that isn't a public group it's a closed group and because of that I'm not disclosing the posters name . I posted it here simply for information for others. Should it turn out to be false information then so be it. As I've posted a second person on that same thread has said that they were given that form as well.

What is the difference?  It is fake news on Facebook and you are posting it on Thai Visa.  Forgive me but are you liable in any way for naming the group?

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So if this is true, will you have to come in later to show you haven't gone under 400K?

What if you do go under?

Are you instantly deported?

What if you're traveling outside Thailand at report time? 

If any of this is real, this is very disturbing. 

What about people on current extensions trying to LEAVE Thailand? That will be many of us.

Part of the leaving process is getting your money out of Thailand. 

Is our money a prisoner here now? 

Withdraw your money before your visa/extension expires and leave.  How is your money prisoner? 

8 hours ago, elviajero said:

I can’t beleive they are insisting on this. Ridiculous!

It implies that extensions will be cancelled if the balance drops below the 800K minimum.

Just did mine today,    [ 2nd attempt. ]  3 copies of everything..

yep ,90 day bankbook check.   how are the agents going to get around this ?   many worried expats in pattaya.

7 minutes ago, yodsak said:

yep ,90 day bankbook check.   how are the agents going to get around this ?   many worried expats in pattaya.

According to this report, will just cost more for the extra agent-visits to do the post-extension reporting:

... he admitted it will give him and the IO opportunity to charge twice maybe even four times with the 400 too 

he did not know what the fee would be but suggested it might be in line with 90 day ED visa reports

11 minutes ago, yodsak said:

Did they give you a document with the return date stamped? Can you possibly take pic and upload document so everyone can see what is look like? Thanks, kindly...

12 minutes ago, yodsak said:

They are going to have problems unless they have someone inside immigration. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BertM said:

Did they give you a document with the return date stamped? Can you possibly take pic and upload document so everyone can see what is look like? Thanks, kindly...

yes, i will upload tomorrow ,  [ it's in the scooter at the mo' ]

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, elviajero said:

They are going to have problems unless they have someone inside immigration. 

Or unless the agents / IO's find a workaround,,

Spoke to three agents last week, they said no idea what will happen after march.

If they can do it will certainly cost more money with 90 day checks,,,, no more 12,900 baht retirement visas.

Time will tell.  

19 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Not fake news. You are now given a date to return in 3 months to again show your updated bank book and prove the 800k remains untouched.

You ever been to CW? 

3 months to return an report to which desk. For last time 90 day report has ZERO do do with new requirements. Apart from that...what about all those traveling. Not all of us park a## in los 365.