bank requirements for visa extension

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You ever been to CW? 

3 months to return an report to which desk. For last time 90 day report has ZERO do do with new requirements. Apart from that...what about all those traveling. Not all of us park a## in los 365.

Nothing to do with CW. This is about Jomtien. Oh and I am quite aware this has nothing do with 90 day reporting. Thanks for pointing it out though even if there was no need too. If you are that interested in which desk you report too, how about you contact them? Here is a clue....It isn't the 90 day report desk.

Edited by Lovethailandelite

Just to confirm what several others above experienced my friend put his renewal submission in at Jomtien today and was given the same form with the 90 day return date at the bottom. He will not be in Thailand when that date comes around and when he tried to ask what he should do the officer told him to " go go " rudely. He will collect his passport tomorrow and will try and find out what he's supposed to do.

As an aside it took him 1 1/2 hours waiting due to the number of people at the retirement section whereas previous years it's been a short submission mid-morning. 

I'll post what he finds out about the not being around on 90 day date after I see him tomorrow

• Like 2

Withdraw your money before your visa/extension expires and leave.  How is your money prisoner? 
If you need to show your bank book every 90 days to stay legal as you're preparing your exit that's not a very large time window. People here often face serious roadblocks repatriating their own money. Thai immigration making it harder to stay and now also hard to leave.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Who said anything about reporting bank book every 90 days ? It's only been confirmed that it's 90 days after renewal at this stage.  That sort of unfounded speculation really doesn't help anyone, please stick to confirmed facts at this stage.

Who said anything about reporting bank book every 90 days ? It's only been confirmed that it's 90 days after renewal at this stage.  That sort of unfounded speculation really doesn't help anyone, please stick to confirmed facts at this stage.
I said. It's obnoxiously very possible. The money needs to be seasoned all year now. Going under 800k in the first 90 days and going under 400k following that represent the exact same violation of the new onerous rules. Not to mention people on the combo method which I reckon 99 percent of officers don't really understand how that works under the new rules. This is a nightmare.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

What is the difference?  It is fake news on Facebook and you are posting it on Thai Visa.  Forgive me but are you liable in any way for naming the group?

2 hours ago, yodsak said:

yes, i will upload tomorrow ,  [ it's in the scooter at the mo' ]

1 hour ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Not fake news. You are now given a date to return in 3 months to again show your updated bank book and prove the 800k remains untouched.

Still believe that it is fake news? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

None. Next time read the post you're replying to.

Of course you know there is none.  I am only pointing it out that you are implying that your money in the Thai banks is unsafe and that TI is trying to rob you of your money.????

2 hours ago, kinyara said:

He is just stirring things up for the sake of it. ????

4 hours ago, kinyara said:

Just to confirm what several others above experienced my friend put his renewal submission in at Jomtien today and was given the same form with the 90 day return date at the bottom. He will not be in Thailand when that date comes around and when he tried to ask what he should do the officer told him to " go go " rudely. He will collect his passport tomorrow and will try and find out what he's supposed to do.

As an aside it took him 1 1/2 hours waiting due to the number of people at the retirement section whereas previous years it's been a short submission mid-morning. 

I'll post what he finds out about the not being around on 90 day date after I see him tomorrow

Thanks for the info, it will be interesting to see if those using agents are subject to the same requirements - that will be the deciding factor of what this is all about, as for someone who will not be in the country when they are supposed to report back - it doesn't really matter - you either do it when you return or it will be looked at on renewal, if you have done everything by the rules your bank account/book will reflect that

It is quite shameful if people who have been doing things by the rules for years are seemingly being penalised while those that don't meet the requirements (for a backhander) can bypass the rules

The jury is out on this and it will be interesting to see in 15 months how all this pans out, those that chose to continue using agents need to be careful as it could all go tits up when they try to renew in 2020 - there certainly is a risk if you haven't met the requirements the previous year

• Like 1

What an embarrassment to Thailand this is, if they intend a three month visa why not stamp for three months?

Did some idiot challenge Immigration to prove that the money was untouched for three months or did they think it up all by themselves?

I am hoping that CW has more sense in the case of genuine cases who have the Bt.800,000 in a fixed account, I leave for the summer sixty days after renewal of my extension.

I think that they could and probably will apply measures adopted to frustrate agents only against people suspected of using agents.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

13 hours ago, 2tall said:

It appears that possibly this "return date" portion of the document is not part of the actual immigration order but rather an added after thought by policeman joe there... for whatever self serving reasons are under consideration.

Nowhere in the doc does it state any requirements to return to immigration for a bank-book/balance update, only at the end of the doc, outside the rule box, its official nature as part of the amended immigration rule(s) thus is questionable.

In the main document it is stated the requirement to have 800k 3 months after the extension is granted.. what I am concerned by is that the 'remaining balance must be no less than 400,000', the 400,000 seems to have been hand-written or is a correction. 

This appears to be a local office's attempt to implement a post extension granting, 90 day check on the 800k balance requirement. 

As such this is an important factor, as it was stated many times here, prior to this, that this type of checking would only be performed at a subsequent (next years) application. Will what we have here become a limited rogue IOs' requirements, or more general? 

What are the consequences of not attending or failing the check?

The extension has already been stamped into the passport.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

In the case of people suspected of not being able to meet the financial status requirements I expect checking after three months to become the procedure. It is silly because it accepts the fact that there are people given extensions who are not qualified to be given extensions.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

8 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

In the case of people suspected of not being able to meet the financial status requirements I expect checking after three months to become the procedure.

Interesting decision making behind that maybe. Those whose 2 (or is it 3) pre-seasoning shows a nice healthy balance of say a million or two are okay. Those with a more suspect 800,001 baht balance are candidates for the 'return after 3 months' order? A de-facto increase in balance requirements!

Just spit-balling here.

Edited by jacko45k
typo
  • Like 1

The only effective way to enforce the new rules would have been to cooperate with the banks and create a special "Immigration bond deposit account" where the funds would become available only with a clearance from immigration. 

But I could imagine the bitching, screaming, hissing, cursing this would have caused.

Let's remember that the stated intend here is to make the life difficult for those, farangs, agents and IOs, who deal in unfunded illegal extensions. Short of what I sketched out above, this is as good as it is going to get.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

It is silly because it accepts the fact that there are people given extensions who are not qualified to be given extensions.

This fact has been duly accepted, and has a consequence this new, somewhat primitive, verification process. 

3 hours ago, smedly said:

Thanks for the info, it will be interesting to see if those using agents are subject to the same requirements - that will be the deciding factor of what this is all about, as for someone who will not be in the country when they are supposed to report back - it doesn't really matter - you either do it when you return or it will be looked at on renewal, if you have done everything by the rules your bank account/book will reflect that

It is quite shameful if people who have been doing things by the rules for years are seemingly being penalised while those that don't meet the requirements (for a backhander) can bypass the rules

The jury is out on this and it will be interesting to see in 15 months how all this pans out, those that chose to continue using agents need to be careful as it could all go tits up when they try to renew in 2020 - there certainly is a risk if you haven't met the requirements the previous year

I would be getting the advice of immigration for failing to return on time and not just assume 'It doesn't really matter'.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hereforgood said:

Still believe that it is fake news? 

Ya.  Did Thai Immigration announce anything about it?  Have we actually seen a first hand copy of the supposed report?  How many people out of 100 are given the new document?  If it is not fake news it's been introduced with a new level of inefficiency. 

• Sad 1

Interesting decision making behind that maybe. Those whose 2 (or is it 3) pre-seasoning shows a nice healthy balance of say a million or two are okay. Those with a more suspect 800,001 baht balance are candidates for the 'return after 3 months' order? A de-facto increase in balance requirements!

Just spit-balling here.

Not necessarily, many of us just maintain a fixed account of Bt800,000 and would not expect to have to prove it after three months.
There are many people who do not qualify, they are only being scrutinised in order to flush out agents, though how Immigration expects them to live here without agents is a mystery to me. The Director must want them out but after the election he will not be making the decisions, so I believe that there will be changes.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, farangx said:
10 hours ago, kinyara said:

He is just stirring things up for the sake of it. ????

Best if all are prepared for the next 90-day check-in to show 400K - not waiting until someone posts a notice of such to prove it is "really happening."  Then, if it does not happen - no problem.

Multiple "show you still have the money" reports is what an agent reported, right after the rules were announced - they and their IOs were already planning how to make money every 90-days (vs just once a year) from the new system.

6 hours ago, smedly said:

I agree with your perspective, but some IOs are looking at it in the inverse.  They seem to think that doing their job with an honest-application is a "personal favor" to us, for which extra-compensation is owed.

6 hours ago, smedly said:

It is certainly possible they will simply "not enforce" the 90-day money-reports for agent-submitted applications, but as things stand, if an agent doesn't include 90-day money-reporting as part of their scheme, their service would seem unreliable.

If the proposed Phuket system is used - "random" selection of who must do money-reports - then the agent-applications can easily be put in the "not selected for review" pile.  As is, the only way to determine the policy by office, is to see if different applicants report both receiving and not-receiving the "come back to show money" document.

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Ya.  Did Thai Immigration announce anything about it?  Have we actually seen a first hand copy of the supposed report?  How many people out of 100 are given the new document?  If it is not fake news it's been introduced with a new level of inefficiency. 

Here you go

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

I have seen a first hand copy and relayed what my friend was told by the immigration officer yesterday. Believe it or not some of us are genuinely trying to help provide concrete information for others.

3 minutes ago, yodsak said:

here you go

484577838_ScreenShot2019-03-06at11_25_57.png.ef4181a960a5c88b85f4df8253a6031d.png

IMG_4734.jpg

Did you get it from Immigration?  Where and when?  What were you told?  Did everyone get one?  What happens if you are not in the country at the due date?  If the balance is below the required amount what happens?

I have copied the email sent to me from my Bangkok Bank office in London, for what it's worth (but at least it covers the bank transfer codes) because as has been said, some IOs seem to produce their own version......make what you will of it:-

Please find the below details of Thai immigration required documents when foreigner apply for non-immigrant visa long stay “O-A.

Foreigner who has a deposit of the amount equally to 800,000 baht or must have the evident of monthly income received from overseas of not less than 65,000 baht or a combination of both a deposit plus a monthly income with the total not less than 800,000 baht period to applying for a long stay/retirement non O-A visa.

With the reference of evident to the monthly income from overseas must be indicated in the bank statement which can be found in the bankbook.  The customer can simply updating their bankbook at the bank branches or at self-service machine available nationwide.  It’s indicate a symbol of “FTT” stand for a Funds Telegraphic Transfers.  The customer must be regularly updating their bankbook.  Alternatively, the customer can pick up a free copy of “Credit Advice” an evident of money transfers at their home branch where they settled up a bank account.   The customer can use both reference of a symbol code of FTT appear in the bankbook together with the Credit Advice proved of money transfers overseas.  These should be sufficient to satisfied the Thai immigration officer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I have copied the email sent to me from my Bangkok Bank office in London, for what it's worth (but at least it covers the bank transfer codes) because as has been said, some IOs seem to produce their own version......make what you will of it:-

Please find the below details of Thai immigration required documents when foreigner apply for non-immigrant visa long stay “O-A.

Foreigner who has a deposit of the amount equally to 800,000 baht or must have the evident of monthly income received from overseas of not less than 65,000 baht or a combination of both a deposit plus a monthly income with the total not less than 800,000 baht period to applying for a long stay/retirement non O-A visa.

With the reference of evident to the monthly income from overseas must be indicated in the bank statement which can be found in the bankbook.  The customer can simply updating their bankbook at the bank branches or at self-service machine available nationwide.  It’s indicate a symbol of “FTT” stand for a Funds Telegraphic Transfers.  The customer must be regularly updating their bankbook.  Alternatively, the customer can pick up a free copy of “Credit Advice” an evident of money transfers at their home branch where they settled up a bank account.   The customer can use both reference of a symbol code of FTT appear in the bankbook together with the Credit Advice proved of money transfers overseas.  These should be sufficient to satisfied the Thai immigration officer.

It is an English speaking bank?