bank requirements for visa extension

1 minute ago, bigblubber said:

The document posted by BertM is the same as the one I was given and the clerk told me to come back on the 4th June with my updated bankbook and it states this quite clearly at the bottom.

I would have posted my document had I been given a chance, I do not access this site all day long just once a day and only saw that people wanted to see the document today.

People like Marcusarelus make people like me reluctant to pass on information because instead of thanks for the info they doubt and criticise.

Where did the clerk tell you to report when you come back?  What happens if you are out of the country?  When you were picking up your passport did everyone around you get a document like you got?  Did the clerk tell you to update your bank book or get a statement? 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Not sure how he would know if "everyone" got one - though a good question.  Per previous report, asking questions about "what if" conditions is "waived away" by the officials.

I have never received my passport back alone.  There was always a group of people picking up their passports at the same time as me.  It would be easy to see if they all got the document and explanation I would think.

Edited by marcusarelus

3 minutes ago, bigblubber said:

In reply to Marcusarelus negative questions. Why don't you get off your arse and go to Jomtien immigration and ask them if this info is correct. Then you can report back on here what they say. If you don't want to do anything yourself just shut up

Because I don't live in Pattaya anymore.  And they aren't negative questions.  Anyone who really got a document with the return of his passport would be able to see if he was alone or everyone else got the document too.  Where one would report back if told to come back would be a very reasonable request as who wants to stand in the wrong line.  What happens if you don't have the money in the bank as a result of an emergency would also be a normal question.  Who wouldn't ask it? 

Being angry at me for asking normal questions makes me wonder why? 

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I have never received my passport back alone.  There was always a group of people picking up their passports at the same time as me.  It would be easy to see if they all got the document and explanation I would think.

In the first case, this doc came the day before - pick up passport was the next day, and he was going to try asking his "waived away" questions again, at that time.

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

My friend told me not to believe anything until I see it posted here and first hand not second hand information and a statement by immigration. 

i think your friend did not paint a broad enough stroke

41 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Since we now have 2 members reporting this, but only 2, I wonder if Jomtien is doing the same as Phuket and spot-checking randomly selected people?

Sounds quite possible. Or could be selecting people that they feel specifically suspicious of. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Let's remember that the stated intend here is to make the life difficult for those, farangs, agents and IOs, who deal in unfunded illegal extensions.

On the contrary, it is designed to help the IOs and their agent-partners increase their revenue.  At the same time, it will also drive out "cheap" (their view) foreigners not willing to pay them off, or jump through hoops like a circus monkey - which gives seems to give them some sort of sick-satisfaction, in lieu of (preferred) cash.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tgeezer said:

There are many people who do not qualify, they are only being scrutinised in order to flush out agents,

Surely there are easier ways to 'flush out agents' without this substantial increase in IO workload..... well it might be substantial depending on how many they wish to check up on. They might even be asking applicants to come back after 9 months, to see they still have at least 400,000B.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Since we now have 2 members reporting this, but only 2, I wonder if Jomtien is doing the same as Phuket and spot-checking randomly selected people?

I think that’s possible and very likely.

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

On the contrary, it is designed to help the IOs and their agent-partners increase their revenue.  At the same time, it will also drive out "cheap" (their view) foreigners not willing to pay them off, or jump through hoops like a circus monkey - which gives seems to give them some sort of sick-satisfaction, in lieu of (preferred) cash.

The agents are still offering the same deals? 

If it is true (as its been speculated) only a percentage of people will be required to report back 3 months later to show the lump sum is untouched ... it wont be any who used an agent.

Just saying.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

The agents are still offering the same deals? 

I doubt the deals will be the same in terms of cost, given "crackdown" translates to "more loot." 

I linked to an earlier report of what an agent and their IO-buddy had planned up-thread:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1087758-bank-requirements-for-visa-extension/?do=findComment&comment=13907853

I'd like to know which immigration offices prefer Fixed Deposit accounts over regular savings given the new rules.  Of course the information is worthless if the poster is unwilling to identify the immigration office.  I guess in my case I'll get two letters and ask the IO which they want as I have both but it would be nice to know as I don't want to flash any cash I don't have to at Immigration. 

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I'd like to know which immigration offices prefer Fixed Deposit accounts over regular savings given the new rules.  Of course the information is worthless if the poster is unwilling to identify the immigration office.  I guess in my case I'll get two letters and ask the IO which they want as I have both but it would be nice to know as I don't want to flash any cash I don't have to at Immigration. 

you planning to move near to the office thats easiest?

It seems T.I. want to make it difficult to the citizens which embassy don't provide a L.o.I. anymore. 

I renewed my extension based on income in my homeland, end of last month in Jomtien, it took 5 minutes (+going back the day after to collect passport plus picture taken), no questions, no extra documents. 

The guy before me took something like 15+ minutes, and going to shop next door 2 times to take extra copies, I saw he had a bankbook. 

10 hours ago, kinyara said:

My friend is down picking up his passport now so after beer o’clock  discussion/findings I will post later.

Looking forward to it. It might shed a lot of light on this discussion. 

On 3/6/2019 at 2:38 PM, kinyara said:

My friend is down picking up his passport now so after beer o’clock  discussion/findings I will post later.

It would be great if you could make that promised post, please. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 12:43 PM, bigblubber said:

Just did my yearly visa extension at Immigration in Jomtien

It will be an interesting month as we have now passed the March 1st change date, and I expect there will be a good bit of feedback coming in relating to renewal requirements at varying offices. I even got a little feedback myself from a friend renewing at Jomtiem based on income. 

He has been given an information sheet which I have yet to see, but I was surprised, as I said to him, the 'income sent to a Thai bank' was beginning to look like a the more straightforward method, not in his case. His result, success, but as I heard it, senior officer involved, much time, and his wife's good English was requisite.

I will pay him a visit to try and learn more, but during a phone conversation the problems were he was required to show the Australian side source of his income, they were even asking for copies of statements from there. Also problematic, was that he doesn't receive a pension, but lives off dividends etc which are deposited in Oz, and he transfers to Thailand. 

Anybody else been there done that yet? My friend, he was left feeling they want him to go home. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2