bank requirements for visa extension

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

Okay, so my friend picked up his passport with the normal 1 year extension stamp. Due to him being out of the country when the 90 day report date to show bank balance occurs, he was simply told to report when he arrives back in the country. This would be done at the same desks as the retirement visas,  so I guess we can expect slightly longer queues there in future.

No more detail to add other than this.

Was he given an "official document" stamped with a date showing when to come back? If so, can you get copy to upload? Or, did he ask them if he needed to come back and they verbally told him yes? And, how soon after he arrives back is he suppose to report; 1 day, 15 days, 30 days, etc.? Details are important...

Thanks, Kindly...

Edited by BertM

Hi,

I did my 1-year-extension this week in Jomtien (800k) without any problem except the long waiting along with around 100 or more other foreigners.

Got the same paper as uploaded in post 11, saying, I'd have to come back for my 90-days-report (June 04) and show them an updatet bank book.

So far ok.

But I have to go back to my country in May and will not be in Thailand before end of June. So I can't show them my savings as required.

Any idea what will happen? Will th "friendly" IOs at the airport refuse entry? I'm a bit concerned about as you can imagine.

Thanks for your kind replies.

10 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Any idea what will happen? Will th "friendly" IOs at the airport refuse entry? I'm a bit concerned about as you can imagine.

They will not know anything about it.

Immigration at an airport only checks that you qualify for an entry and you will have a valid re-entry permit to prove you are.

Hi,
I did my 1-year-extension this week in Jomtien (800k) without any problem except the long waiting along with around 100 or more other foreigners.
Got the same paper as uploaded in post 11, saying, I'd have to come back for my 90-days-report (June 04) and show them an updatet bank book.

So far ok.
But I have to go back to my country in May and will not be in Thailand before end of June. So I can't show them my savings as required.
Thanks for your kind replies.
Go back and ask Immigration

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They will not know anything about it.

Immigration at an airport only checks that you qualify for an entry and you will have a valid re-entry permit to prove you are.

So it should be ok to show them an updated bank book since the date of the extension on my next (then first) 90-day-report some when in September?

Edited by JustAnotherHun

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

So it should be ok to show them an updated bank book since the date of the extension on my next (then first) 90-day-report in some when in September?

You will not need your bank book when you enter the country.

After you return from your trip you could go to immigration with your updated bank book to show the money is still in the back.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

So it should be ok to show them an updated bank book since the date of the extension on my next (then first) 90-day-report some when in September?

You didn't want or think to ask IM when they gave you the paper to return on Jun 4? Are you going to wait until your next 90 day report after you return?

10 minutes ago, BertM said:

You didn't want or think to ask IM when they gave you the paper to return on Jun 4? Are you going to wait until your next 90 day report after you return?

When I took the paper I only had a quick look on it and did not realize the June 04-thing. I thought it's just information about the new requirements (2 months before and three after).

I will not go there again to ask. Jomtien Immigration ist extremely crowdy at the moment. But I will try to call them just to be sure. If I get a reliable information I will post it here.

If I understand ubonjoe right, it should be ok to show them the updated bankbook when I have to do my 90-day-report in September after my trip to Europe.

2 hours ago, BertM said:

Was he given an "official document" stamped with a date showing when to come back? If so, can you get copy to upload? Or, did he ask them if he needed to come back and they verbally told him yes? And, how soon after he arrives back is he suppose to report; 1 day, 15 days, 30 days, etc.? Details are important...

Thanks, Kindly...

He was given the exact same document as has been posted several times earlier in the thread with the date stamped at the bottom, same as mentioned just above. The how soon wasn't specified however common sense surely dictates that you would do this a matter of priority on your return much like the address reporting when retuning from overseas, what's the point in delaying ? They will obviously know the date of your return from your passport and if it was me I wouldn't want to give them any scope to hassle me.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

report to IO when you return

unlink the 90 day report - this is totally different 

and those using agents to bypass the rules - what about them ?

seems that people doing things by the rules are being penalized - corruption 101

seems that people doing things by the rules are being penalized - corruption 101
People using agents don't need to bother with that rubbish, that's the benefit of bungs

5 hours ago, kinyara said:

Okay, so my friend picked up his passport with the normal 1 year extension stamp. Due to him being out of the country when the 90 day report date to show bank balance occurs, he was simply told to report when he arrives back in the country. This would be done at the same desks as the retirement visas,  so I guess we can expect slightly longer queues there in future.

No more detail to add other than this.

What Immigration office?

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, smedly said:

People using agents don't need to bother with that rubbish, that's the benefit of bungs

What Immigration office and how do you know this? 

Just now, scubascuba3 said:
10 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:
What Immigration office and how do you know this? 

Everyone knows this, are you deaf and dumb? not read threads?

What Immigration office are you writing about and I think you are making it up.  I have not read any threads about how agents are coping with the new 90 day check back rules and what immigration offices are accepting their bribes. 

What Immigration office are you writing about and I think you are making it up.  I have not read any threads about how agents are coping with the new 90 day check back rules and what immigration offices are accepting their bribes. 
What's happened to the IOs who were accepting all the bungs previously? whole offices were involved, you know about that surely?

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
9 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

What's happened to the IOs who were accepting all the bungs previously? whole offices were involved, you know about that surely?

Which offices would those be?  I've used many different ones for 20 years and no one has ever asked me for a bribe nor has an agency asked for my business.  I think you are making it up.  Which office is accepting bribes that bypass the 90 day check back or bank balance change in policy?  If you don't know - no problem - stop making up stuff that you have no factual information about as this is a stressful time for many long term Thai residents. 

• Thanks 1

Which offices would those be?  I've used many different ones for 20 years and no one has ever asked me for a bribe nor has an agency asked for my business.  I think you are making it up.  Which office is accepting bribes that bypass the 90 day check back or bank balance change in policy?  If you don't know - no problem - stop making up stuff that you have no factual information about as this is a stressful time for many long term Thai residents. 
You need to get out more, you appear to have no knowledge of what is going on on the ground and appear to be ignoring what people are posting. Ok move on

Just now, scubascuba3 said:
2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You need to get out more, you appear to have no knowledge of what is going on on the ground and appear to be ignoring what people are posting. Ok move on

You can do better than a personal attack can't you?  Try backing up your claims of agencies getting around the current long term extension changes and which immigration office are complicit in these bribery schemes.  If you don't know why post?  Personal attacks are never the answer to a meaningful sincere question. 

I've used many different ones for 20 years and no one has ever asked me for a bribe nor has an agency asked for my business.  I think you are making it up. 

You say its all made up so why have the rules been changed for the 800k in the bank method?

OK, so a few reports from people who have just done their extension (or know someone who has) requiring that they revisit their I/O at the 3 month point to show their bankbook.

BUT, is everyone being asked for the same thing.  Are there any people who have NOT been asked to come back after 3 months (or has anyone heard about these).?  What about agent applications?  Are they still being done, and are they being asked back?

There was a comment earlier that there were over 100 applicants in the Jomtien office, so unless very few of those actively monitor Thai Visa, I'd have expected many more reports....  

edit.. It might be worth running a poll in a few days to try to understand how widespread this request is.

Edited by steve73
  • Like 1

OK, so a few reports from people who have just done their extension (or know someone who has) requiring that they revisit their I/O at the 3 month point to show their bankbook.

BUT, is everyone being asked for the same thing.  Are there any people who have NOT been asked to come back after 3 months (or has anyone heard about these).?  What about agent applications?  Are they still being done, and are they being asked back?

There was a comment earlier that there were over 100 applicants in the Jomtien office, so unless very few of those actively monitor Thai Visa, I'd have expected many more reports....  

edit.. It might be worth running a poll in a few days to try to understand how widespread this request is.
I understand the agents were cramming them all in just before 1st Mar deadline, so i guess it will be quiet with them for a while
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steve73 said:

I think this paper should be given to everyone applying for 800k-extension in Jomtien. I am quite shure not to be suspicious to IO in any way. My funds are always clear over the required sum, never had any problems in Thailand and the bankbook should show them that I'm living on a relatively high level.

But we will see if there's someone reporting different.

There must have been hundreds of foreigners at Jomitien this week. When I went there first last friday 10am , the queue reached all over the place to the street (I have a photo). So I turned back home.

On my second attempt on monday afternoon it was not much better and even tuesday 7:30 am - one hour before opening - ther was a 20-30 people crowd before me. I'm living here a couple of years but never saw Jomtien Immi packed like this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, smedly said:

Although I wonder what queue ticket one should ask for at the reception desk, mention 90 days and you will be going to the wrong one!

Edited by jacko45k

22 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Although I wonder what queue ticket one should ask for at the reception desk, mention 90 days and you will be going to the wrong one!

Again simple common sense is your friend,  go with the form they gave you on renewal with the date stamped at the bottom, show it and say " retirement report with bank balance " . If people can't fathom something as simple as that out they deserve to sit in the wrong queue for a period of time, like being sent to the corner of the class in primary school.  Seriously !!!!