bank requirements for visa extension

11 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Again simple common sense is your friend,  go with the form they gave you on renewal with the date stamped at the bottom, show it and say " retirement report with bank balance " . If people can't fathom something as simple as that out they deserve to sit in the wrong queue for a period of time, like being sent to the corner of the class in primary school.  Seriously !!!!

Some people are being told to do it at the same time as their 90 day reporting yet the 90 day reporting guy  will not be handling it. I guess I shall staple this form into the back of my passport along with the regular 90 day report   ticket, the TM 30 receipt, the TM 6 card and the receipts they keep giving me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Some people are being told to do it at the same time as their 90 day reporting yet the 90 day reporting guy  will not be handling it. I guess I shall staple this form into the back of my passport along with the regular 90 day report   ticket, the TM 30 receipt, the TM 6 card and the receipts they keep giving me. 

why is this so complicated, they want to see that you still have the seasoned money after the stipulated 3 months, seems natural to do with your next 90 day report, if you are out of the country then do it when you come back, I don't think the date is that important as the information on your bank statement/passbook won't change over time

why is this so complicated, they want to see that you still have the seasoned money after the stipulated 3 months, seems natural to do with your next 90 day report, if you are out of the country then do it when you come back, I don't think the date is that important as the information on your bank statement/passbook won't change over time
They could do it annually easy enough, plus many people use 90 day online reporting. Just more time wasting at immigration
  • Like 2

Just now, scubascuba3 said:
10 minutes ago, smedly said:

They could do it annually easy enough, plus many people use 90 day online reporting. Just more time wasting at immigration

Yeah it is 'so complicated' for me because I don't do my 90 day reports at the same time, and I like to do them sat at my computer at home. I have looked behind my bar and under the sofa and can't find anyone to show my bankbook to. Immigration is miles away! 

• Like 1

I'm curious, since several people report being told this by Jomtien - does/did Jomtien accept 90- day reports online and.or by mail?

Anyhow my take-away from all this is, whenever going to Imm  to make a 90 day report or  file a TM30, have updated passbook and photocopies of same with you.  But don't offer it unless asked. (If using the 800K method).

Probably wise for people everywhere to do this until matters become clearer.  I will.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They certainly do..... (or did!!!).

Which then raises the question - is that no longer alllowed? As there is certainly no way to show your bank book online.

Or do they just mean that IF you come in person, bring your bank book?

Someone needs to ask them.

22 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Which then raises the question - is that no longer alllowed? As there is certainly no way to show your bank book online.

I suppose you can file the 90-day online, but still have to come to the office for the "bank book" check at about the same time, or as soon as you return to the country (if not in the country at the 90-day point after one's extension).

Someone needs to walk to the agent-place in the same parking lot as Jomtien immigration - show them one of these "come back with bank book" letters, and say, "Can you handle this for me?" - and see what they say.

Edited by JackThompson

I'm curious, since several people report being told this by Jomtien - does/did Jomtien accept 90- day reports online and.or by mail?

Anyhow my take-away from all this is, whenever going to Imm  to make a 90 day report or  file a TM30, have updated passbook and photocopies of same with you.  But don't offer it unless asked. (If using the 800K method).

Probably wise for people everywhere to do this until matters become clearer.  I will.

Yes, as my immigration ( Ayutthaya ) doesn’t do online 90 days reporting I already made a mental note to update my bank book and take it with me just in case.

How online and postal reporting deals with it is just another hoop to add to the list.

Strange this new requirement of come back after 90 days to prove you still have 800k in your bank. When do you have to come back and prove you haven't gone below 400k? every month perhaps?

Is it possible this hasn't been thought through properly?

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Strange this new requirement of come back after 90 days to prove you still have 800k in your bank. When do you have to come back and prove you haven't gone below 400k? every month perhaps?

Is it possible this hasn't been thought through properly?

1. probably after 90 days.

2. possibly. TIT

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I  get the impression they are being told to come irrespective of their 90 day reporting a Jomtiem.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 2:29 AM, JustAnotherHun said:

So far ok.

But I have to go back to my country in May and will not be in Thailand before end of June. So I can't show them my savings as required.

Any idea what will happen? Will th "friendly" IOs at the airport refuse entry? I'm a bit concerned about as you can imagine.

Thanks for your kind replies.

Instead of asking this in the forum, you should have asked the IO who gave you the form and told you to come back on such an such date. How the people would know in this forum? You had the opportunity and you blew it and came here to announce that you would be out of the country during the said period. Utter lack of imagination.

Edited by onera1961
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, onera1961 said:

Instead of asking this in the forum, you should have asked the IO who gave you the form and told you to come back on such an such date. How the people would know in this forum? You had the opportunity and you blew it and came here to announce that you would be out of the country during the said period. Utter lack of imagination.

What are threads like this one for? To ask and reply questions and at its best, get suitable information? Or just to let the world know that you're still alive? But anyway thank you for your very helpful answer.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 2

What are threads like this one for? To ask and reply questions and at its best, get suitable information? Or just to let the world know that you're still alive? But anyway thank you for your very helpful answer.
How do you think people would know the answer? You had the perfect opportunity to ask the IO and post the first hand answer here for others benefits. Anyway, I don't think anybody yet has the first hand knowledge of your question. If you want to leave during your reporting period, just leave. Why do you want to subject your life to the whims of Thai immigration. I am sure that they are not going to put you in Thai gulag.

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, onera1961 said:

How do you think people would know the answer? You had the perfect opportunity to ask the IO and post the first hand answer here for others benefits. Anyway, I don't think anybody yet has the first hand knowledge of your question. If you want to leave during your reporting period, just leave. Why do you want to subject your life to the whims of Thai immigration. I am sure that they are not going to put you in Thai gulag.

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

"When I took the paper I only had a quick look on it and did not realize the June 04-thing. I thought it's just information about the new requirements"

That was my answer to the same question as yours.

Why it would be impossible that people here could have the answer? They might have had a closer look at the paper and then have asked an IO or supervisor.

I surely will leave before the 90-day-report is to be made. But I don't want to risk coming back, wait for the next 90-day-report and be told then, my extension is revoked cause I did not show up on June 04.

So I'll try to call Jomtien immi tomorrow and if that does not work I will visit them next week, hoping the place will not be extremely packed like this and last week.

If I can get suitable information I'll provide it here for sure.

3 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

"When I took the paper I only had a quick look on it and did not realize the June 04-thing. I thought it's just information about the new requirements"

That was my answer to the same question as yours.

Why it would be impossible that people here could have the answer? They might have had a closer look at the paper and then have asked an IO or supervisor.

I surely will leave before the 90-day-report is to be made. But I don't want to risk coming back, wait for the next 90-day-report and be told then, my extension is revoked cause I did not show up on June 04.

So I'll try to call Jomtien immi tomorrow and if that does not work I will visit them next week, hoping the place will not be extremely packed like this and last week.

If I can get suitable information I'll provide it here for sure.

3 mth bankbook check,   not 90 day report.  separate not linked.

I asked on fri when i collected my passport.   ''what happens in you're not in the country on pass book check date'',

she said ''do when you come back.''

HTH 

12 hours ago, yodsak said:

she said ''do when you come back.''

That means an extra visit at the immi after returning from abroad. God damn!So I will if one has to come perrsonally to show them the bank book after 90 days. If not I'll send my gf while I'm in Europe.