Resolved my swimming pool leak - temporary.

up2you2

Resolved my swimming pool leak during the past three months by leaving it empty.
But under a lot of pressure from my son I am now going to refill it, having filled in all the see able leaks with Crocodile swimming grout.

Before I do I have taken some attached pictures, so I would be grateful for the forensics amongst you to interpret them please.
As in the event I have to go though this exercise again, I may well consider investigating these areas.

When the granite steps were installed, they were sealed underneath the lips with concrete.
With just a small veneer of swimming pool grout on top.
Of course this was eventually dissolved, and then the pool water was free to escape in all of these areas.
Huge job to get the contractor back, to hack out all of the concrete, and then refill these areas with swimming pool grout.

The sandwash patio which surrounds the swimming pool continues to crack, so I feel that my best option is just to repair the pool where the grouting is missing as best I can.

I also did extensive research into what was available around the world, of a flexible product for plugging leaks that remains somewhat fluid and flexible, to go with the ever expanding cracks.
None of these companies I got in touch with, could assure me that their product would do this.
Secondly no such products are available in Thailand.
And lastly huge problems in trying to import any, minimum order/quantity, freight charges, import duties extra.

Finally I was able to persuade Sika to send me a sample of their Sikasil- Pool. Yet to try it, as all my holes are presented filled.
This alone took 35 emails over a period of six months.

002.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

012.jpg

Our condo pool used crocodile grout. I don't think it's a good product and I'd put effort into finding better.

Not much product revolution going on in Thailand. 

I recommend mixing the grout with sand if you have no choice.

But good luck in finding a more tried and tested import product. 

As no one else has replied, I'll have a go.
Looks like a lovely pool, sorry about the construction company.
I have not followed your previous posts, but it looks like reo rust under the tiles. Maybe the concrete reo was laid too close to the surface and there is no waterproofing layer between the concrete and tiles. My pool concrete construction has a waterproof coat trowled on before a thin render then the Kerra tiles.

The commercial pool in Kuchinari had a construction problem and was re-grouted using a 2 part mix named Dr Fixit. The owner is happy with the fix.

I used Kerra tiles and the grout they recommended and I have had no problems, as yet. Pool 3 years old.

You say the area around the pool is cracking. It was recommended to me not to back-fill any dugouts with soil, as it would continue to compact, so I used crusher dust (the stuff they make the cheap bricks out of). I have had no tile cracking due to ground problems.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

I can't remember how many leaking steps I have sorted here in Thailand. Mainly Pattaya area.

Grout needs taking out & holes drill where water can been seen leaking. Once dry then a wet stop is applied.

Granite will need to be lifted & underneath sealed properly and then reset with adhesive!

The best bet is to re-grout the pool and we use Weber pool grout extensively.

The crack in the surrounds would need to be looked at to see if any movement has happened and in turn compromised the shell.

Archived