How expats can live in Thailand and legally avoid income tax

19 hours ago, kiever said:

To claim withholding tax , I will still file pnd90 or another form for tax return ?

I have had to complete a form (Thai letter ?) 10. This is one page and about as simple as it gets except of course it is only in Thai. The tax office staff used to complete it for me but 2 years ago lady told me to take picture and copy next year....

On 3/6/2019 at 2:31 AM, Time Traveller said:

Your forgetting the fact that most countries on the earth tax income of non residents.

Gibberish. There're 1 or 3 of such countries on the whole Earth that tax non-residents, the US is one of them.

Edited by noticojaru

On 1/3/2020 at 1:39 PM, kiever said:

You are right. There was a communication problem. I also agree with you thai people doesn’t like Muslim people but it was not valid for tax officers I visited. They are extremely friendly and helpful. The taxman yesterday I talked had no enough information. I did it today with other officer.  I already go with my Thai gf and today I talked with another officer. I explained myself by help of my Thai gf. I signed a statement that I have no income in 2019 and I live with  My savings from previously years. I paid zero tax and make tax return. And then they take my passport to calculate how many days I stay in Thailand and they told me after 3 days my residency certificate is ready. That is all. Pay zero tax and be tax resident in Thailand. I love this country. 

Where are you? Please say Jomtien office......

• 3 weeks later...

I’m not in Jomtien but it is same everywhere.
I got my tax residency certificate  for 2019 year.  Now I have a question for 2020. My passport will expire this year and I need to renew my passport soon. But then my entry and exit stamps will be separated in 2 different passports. How revenue department will calculate 180 days ? Is it ok to give them 2 passports together , expired one and new passport together ? 
because some stamps will be in old passport while others in new one. I’m confused about it. 

29 minutes ago, kiever said:

I’m not in Jomtien but it is same everywhere.
I got my tax residency certificate  for 2019 year.  Now I have a question for 2020. My passport will expire this year and I need to renew my passport soon. But then my entry and exit stamps will be separated in 2 different passports. How revenue department will calculate 180 days ? Is it ok to give them 2 passports together , expired one and new passport together ? 
because some stamps will be in old passport while others in new one. I’m confused about it. 

What is a tax residency certificate?

Tax ID's are a 13 digit number printed on a small yellow piece of paper.

Is this what you mean?

Please elaborate. Thanks

5 minutes ago, thainet said:

Thank you...learn something new every day. I don't need it but excellent to know.

Question if you have time:  As it's in english do the revenue Dept fill it in from the documents you provide, or do you fill it out and they sign it?

The revenue department fill it out.