Looking for a gym in Chiang mai

thaivisa63

I'm looking for a gym in chiang mai that offers more than just providing the gym equipment. (English is not my native langage I struggled to make this sentence clearer)

I want to get into weightlifting. I was in my hometown for a short holiday and I found an awesome gym and I hope I can find something similar here in chiang mai if that exist.

So let me explain what I found cool at my hometown gym : I had a key (like a usb key) that I plug into the central machine when I arrive. The machine gives me my training program for the day. The program adapts itself by looking at my previous results and going up in intensity as I progress or going down if I struggle to finish some excercices. Then most weightlifting machines are equipped with a screen. I have to plug my key so my performance can be recorded and that screen has a "guide me" video in case im not sure i'm doing the exercice right with the posture and also a progress bar as I'm doing the exercice (again dont know how to explain in english but you can see it in the screenshot) This thing helped me a lot understand how to lift. Basically exercices are meant to be done slowly to be more efficient, much more slowly that i was doing them. The counting of the reps and the minute pause is awesome as well because I can focus on the exercice without having to count anything. The automated tracking of my progress is a huge time saver.

Yes of course all of this can be learned with a good coach. I tried twice and was very dissapointed twice. Both times went the same way : I arrive there and meet a thai coach who barely speaks english then he makes me lift weight, exercice after exercice after exercice until I literally can't lift a pen and he tells me OK see you tmr... So I leave the place feeling like while I worked very hard, learned nothing and will remain dependant on a coach forever thus having to pay 10k/month for coaching (could be wrong about the price)

This is not what I want. I need coaching to get me started until I know enough to do my own programs etc... I found my hometown gym being good at that and I wonder if i can find something similar in chiang mai. And it's not some kind of luxury gym, the price was 45e/month. Maybe the Maya gym ? I remember going there and laughing at the price (4 or 5k/month) but now I think if it is similar to the one in my hometown I'm willing to pay for that added value.

1550683320699.JPEG

1550683350124.JPEG

thaivisa63

I don't think such a high tech gym exists in Chiang Mai. I've been to quite a few and none has this high tech thing.

By the way, your English is excellent for a non-native speaker. I presume you are French from the photo. 

The one in Central Festival looks nice but I haven't been there

Archived