Wheelchair-bound man found shot dead in Chiang Mai

webfact

Wheelchair-bound man found shot dead in Chiang Mai

By The Nation

aa087d5ed2c19cb63c77f54469cb7da4.jpeg

A wheelchair-bound man was found dead with two gunshot wounds under a flyover in Chiang Mai’s Meuang district on Tuesday morning, police said.

The district police station was alerted at 7.30am that a body had been discovered in a wheelchair beneath a flyover on the Chiang Mai-Lampong road in Tambon Tha Sala.

d09b9c227760848b805b0cf680d73bb5.jpeg

The man, who has yet to be identified, had gunshot wounds to the chest and right temple.

The deceased, wheelchair-bound due to his legs having been amputated, appeared to come from a well-to-do family, as he wore a luxury watch and his wheelchair was an expensive imported brand, police said. 

An STI .45 pistol was found on his lap.

Police have yet to conduct ballistic tests to establish whether his death was the result of a murder in disguise, or a suicide.

Phet Chakbuakham, a truck driver who had parked his vehicle to take a rest under the flyover, said he heard two loud bangs at around 2am to 3 am, but he thought it was the sound of firecrackers and did not look outside his cab to check further.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30365221

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-05

33 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

A dead person with a luxury watch...... maybe a pal of Prawit?

There is a time for humour, but this is not 1, poor man is dead, what happened ? who knows.

Please show a little respect.

2 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

A poor man? The article says he wasn’t poor....

Surely you can read, in my comment i said poor man, that was clearly relating to the mans physical situation.

You are obviously not disabled, or you would not have made that comment.

Police have yet to conduct ballistic tests to establish whether his death was the result of a murder in disguise, or a suicide.

Suicide? Really?

Shot  twice?  And with a .45 caliber pistol?

A .45 round is about 11.5mm in diameter. That's BIGGGG hole. But more importantly, a .45 caliber round has the same impact of getting hit with 400lb sledge hammer. Just try and imagine that. 

Which came first? The 400lb sledge hammer blow to the chest, which at the very least would have knocked him unconscious, or the one to his temple, which would have blown off the other side of his head exiting?  Remarkable determination to be able to do this to one's self twice...  Reminds me of the pronouncement of suicide for the guy who fell on his knife, in the back, 5 times.

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

A suicide ?,shot twice,and more importantly how did he get there ?

regards worgeordie

First shot to the chest? A second shot because you afraid the first didn't work. I do believe this one as a suicide.

32 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

First shot to the chest? A second shot because you afraid the first didn't work. I do believe this one as a suicide.

Ever been hit in the chest with a 400lb sledge hammer? Did you do much afterwards?

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Surely you can read, in my comment i said poor man, that was clearly relating to the mans physical situation.

wasn't aware disability was a requirement prior to commenting.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Ok, so he was  wheelchair bound. We do not know the circumstances as to why he ended up that way. His circumstance does not automatically make him an angel, pure of heart  and full of love. Sometimes, some very bad people  end up in a wheelchair. The article is short on facts and we know nothing about the deceased; Good or bad.

2 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

a .45 caliber round has the same impact of getting hit with 400lb sledge hammer.

This could be true, if the bullet should stop on impact, but that's not the case when a bullet hit a human body.

I'm going with the assisted suicide theory.  Vic held the gun for the first shot to the chest. He then learned that he was still alive so asked his friend to pop him in the head.

Hence 2 shots. but not murder IMO.  

advise all to let the guy go.

3 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Begs the question if suicide was intended why not the first shot to the head... usually works?

And why under a bridge in the early hours, why not at home?

gun found on his lap, if that was a suicide the recoil from the gun would have sent the gun flying out of his hand to land several meters away on the ground.

About 17 years ago I was staying on Koh Samui, a shopkeeper was shot twice in the back of his head, the police ruled it to be suicide, the neighbours who knew a little more said his son did it.

Archived