Wanted De Walt charger

skorchio

Recently left de Walt 18v battery in the charger, came back and found the battery hot as xxxx, the charger was melted and I am guessing I am lucky I got home when I did. Not sure if it was dirty power or old age caught up.

It was an old model, for sure de Walt don't supply any longer. So I am looking for DeWalt charger and maybe even batteries, but I think they are rare now. The drill is 18V XRP, battery model number DC9096. I believe the battery is 2.2 Amps, so if anyone is in possession of a charger for this battery, and they no longer have use for it, I am in the market for one. Optimistically thanks in advance.

Skorchio,

Where do you use the said drill? 

18v is not super easy as say 9v or... but you could use the physical bit of the old battery case and rig up three 6v motorcycle type batteries wired in series with a length of wire attached to the drill.

Rock climbers do this a lot when setting up rock walls and inserting bolts into the rock face. They wear belt and "holsters"  with batteries connected to drill to get additional drilling time. 

In our w/shop we used to run a drill that never left the bench on a small 12v7Ah battery as an electric screwdriver. From memory it was a 9.6v drill. 

Thanks for the input all. I bought a charger on ebay. I am having a friend re-cell the batteries. This is quite simple for someone with a bit of soldering experience. The cells are a standard size, 15 of them, they need to be connected correctly to the charging circuit inside the original battery housing. There are plenty videos on YTube, a battery pack of 15 can be had for 500-1000 baht, dunno about quality but worth the outlay.

• 3 weeks later...

DeWALT current model batteries are easy to buy in Thailand. Stanley Black & Decker will sell batteries direct to end users at a posted price and will sell for a discount to any authorized dealer in Thailand. If the battery is fairly new, and was originally imported to Thailand for a tool sold in Thailand it is simple. Some of the DeWALT tool demonstrators I spoke with today in Buriram made me consider a pair of larger capacity LiIon batteries. 

Buriram DeWALT Stanley Power Tools Sale.jpg

Archived