Texas (ERS) direct deposit for visa extensions

Hi all.

I receive a pension from the State of Texas that is currently direct deposited into my US bank account. I am looking at changing the DD to Thailand to meet the new immigration income requirements. 

There are a number of state employees retired and living in Thailand - I don't know who they are, just know that there are some here. If you are one of them, do you have your state pension direct deposited into a Thai bank for use in extending your retirement visa? Was ERS able to set up the DD payment and is it working? If it is deposited in Bangkok Bank, will it continue to work after 1 April when the new regulations go into effect?

Thanks

David

6 minutes ago, Genericnic said:

If it is deposited in Bangkok Bank, will it continue to work after 1 April when the new regulations go into effect?

If it was sent in the IAT format for a international ACH transfer via the their New York bannch it would would still work after April 1st.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

If it was sent in the IAT format for a international ACH transfer via the their New York bannch it would would still work after April 1st.

Thanks ubonjoe. I'm pretty sure (will be confirming this evening Thailand time) that Texas does not do the IAT format. Since my current DD went to a US bank, it would never be an issued. I was mainly trying to find out if others that currently have the Texas pension DDed to Thailand had received any word on where it would still be working after the IAT format became obligatory.

David

4 hours ago, Genericnic said:

Thanks ubonjoe. I'm pretty sure (will be confirming this evening Thailand time) that Texas does not do the IAT format. Since my current DD went to a US bank, it would never be an issued. I was mainly trying to find out if others that currently have the Texas pension DDed to Thailand had received any word on where it would still be working after the IAT format became obligatory.

David

Just an update for those that may be interested. Not only does ERS not do IAT but as far as I can tell, the entire state of Texas is not set up for it. Truely amazing.

David