Quick ILR date calculation help needed

Hi All, 

Got a quick calculation query i was wondering if anyone can help clarify. 

Spouse visa - 'valid from date' of 29th Jan 2014. 

Entered UK first time - 27th March 2014.

5-year date 27th March 2019. 

I heard that we may be able to apply for ILR 28 days before the 5-year anniversary, so does that mean we can apply for the visa any time from now? 

The BRP card expires end of May, but i believe that is not relevant?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

To qualify for ILR as a partner one needs to have been a UK resident in that category for at least 5 years, staring from the date one first entered with one's partner visa; 27/3/14 in this case, so qualifies from 27/3/19.

However, you are right to say that one can apply up to 28 days before that date.

10 hours ago, husseinfatal said:

.....The BRP card expires end of May, but i believe that is not relevant? .....

If the ILR application is still in process or approved after the date the BRP card expires, will it cause any immigration-related problem?

12 hours ago, post said:

If the ILR application is still in process or approved after the date the BRP card expires, will it cause any immigration-related problem?

4 hours ago, husseinfatal said:

Hi 

I dont think so, as your visa is still valid whilst under renewal until UKVI say otherwise. 

I would then get a new BRP card. 

Provided the ILR, or any LTR, application is submitted  before the previous LTR expires then the previous leave will automatically be extended until a decision is made on the application.

You should recieve your new BRP by courier shortley after ILR has been approved.

The only possible problem I can think of if the current BRP expires before the new one arrives is proving to a new employer that you can legally work in the UK.

Archived