Nigerian tried for hacking firm’s email

geovalin

Phnom Penh Municipal Court yesterday tried a Nigerian who allegedly hacked into the World Bridge Company’s email acount and swindled four clients out of more than $110,000 last year. Judge Keut Saing identified the accused as Nowobodo Kingsley Uchenna, 36, the owner of a restaurant in Phnom Penh. He said Mr Kingsley Uchenna was charged with fraud and faces up to three years in jail if convicted. He was arrested on October 1 last year.

. .

Judge Saing said that between May 11 and May 20 last year, the accused hacked into World Bride Company’s email account and stole $113,580 sent by four Singaporean businessmen to buy condominiums in Phnom Penh from the company. During yesterday’s trial, Mr Kingsley Uchenna denied the allegations. He told the court that he was a cook and did not know how to hack into accounts. “I am a cook. I only have cooking skills,” he told the court. “I did not have the skill or knowledge to hack the victim’s account or steal money via the internet.”

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50584199/nigerian-tried-for-hacking-firms-email/

Archived