"Mr Durian" gets more than he bargained for after advertising his daughter for 10 million baht!

webfact

"Mr Durian" gets more than he bargained for after advertising his daughter for 10 million baht!

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The wealthy durian trader who advertised the hand of his daughter in marriage for ten million baht is regretting his decision. 

The phone hasn't stopped ringing and it is adversely affecting his business. Tens of thousands of calls have come in and he only has one phone. 

In addition dozens of men have turned up at the family business in Lang Suan, Chumpon, to apply. 

Even foreigners have been calling from as far afield as Sweden. 

Daily News reported that Anon Rotthong, 59, also known as Pa Non (sugar daddy Non) had advertised his daughter Karnsita as being available.

The prospective son-in-law just needed to be able to read and write, be hard working and not lazy, not be wasteful of money - oh, and he had to love durian. 

news_xPcTFtETCU192856_533.jpg

Picture: Daily News

He hoped to get someone to help with the family business based in Lang Suan in Thailand's south.

In return he would give the successful man 10 million baht, ten cars and a house.

No dowry was necessary at all. 

Soon the calls started flooding in. A heartthrob in Trat by the name of Geo  or Premyosapon Khongsai emerged as a front runner but Anon saw through him.

He thought he was "too handsome" and would probably do the dirty on his daughter.

Anon told Daily News that the whole thing had become a headache as the phone had not stopped ringing and he only had one line to do business. 

Calls had flooded in from Thais as well as foreigners. People had called from China, Sweden, Japan and South Korea. 

Foreign film crews were coming to interview him. 

But worst of all were the hundreds of people who just wanted to borrow money and take his beloved daughter as a "mia noi" (minor wife or mistress). 

Dozens of hopeful men aged 25 - 30 had turned up at the durian business in pick-ups, he said. 

(Pick-ups! Oh the horror!! was the implication)

Hundreds called to say they would meet Karnsita or "Nong Karn" on April 1st.....

It is all becoming a bit much agreed the lady at the center of the story:

"Dad just meant for the post to go to close friends and associates. It was a bit of fun," said Karn. "Now the whole world is beating a path to our door". 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-06

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem now is, it is going to be hard for her going forward, is the guy really interested in her ? or what they can get through her. I expect that doubt will be there for a long time. She'll be suspicious of everyone that comes near her. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

In return he would give the successful man 10 million baht, ten cars and a house

Ten cars? I know Thai drivers aren't the best and have many accidents, but who the **** needs 10 cars? 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

This is a grossly misleading title. It implies that he is selling his daughter for 10 million. But a reading of the article shows the exact opposite.

The whole article doesn't make sense.  The headline and the opening says he is OFFERING his daughter for 10 million baht.   Then it says "In return he would GIVE the successful MAN 10 million baht, ten cars and a house." "No dowry was necessary at all".

Confused.

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Problem now is, it is going to be hard for her going forward, is the guy really interested in her ? or what they can get through her. I expect that doubt will be there for a long time. She'll be suspicious of everyone that comes near her. 

I'd bang her for nothing.

Would even throw in a free dinner and drinks.

The prospective son-in-law just needed to be able to read and write. 

Well that rules out most of the Farangs that I know out.

oh, and he had to love durian. 

And, alas that rules me out! 

11 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

The prospective son-in-law just needed to be able to read and write. 

Well that rules out most of the Farangs that I know out.

Including yourself, obviously... ????

1 hour ago, BestB said:

To be honest I do not get it, she is very cute, why did she have problems getting a guy?

My take on it is that she hasn’t had a problem but she may have been very choosy. Dad did say he’ll pay the 10mil to ‘someone that can win my daughters heart’, no mention of problems 

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Once they have narrowed the numbers down to a few dozen, maybe she should have try outs as to which suitor is most compatible in bed?

I  think he  should  have at least as  many amulets as the Father if not  more, preferably be   almost unable to walk due  to the weight

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Once they have narrowed the numbers down to a few dozen, maybe she should have try outs as to which suitor is most compatible in bed?

It don't really matter because as soon as the bun is in the oven the guilty party will be on his heels and never seen again..

3 hours ago, webfact said:

In return he would give the successful man 10 million baht, ten cars and a house.

Plus a life of bondage.

On another note, I have a much better deal for that bloke: Give me only 5 million baht and a few of your amulets, keep your daughter, the house and the cars, and I'll throw in a second phone line for free.

Archived