"Mr Durian" gets more than he bargained for after advertising his daughter for 10 million baht!

webfact

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, webfact said:

Dozens of hopeful men aged 25 - 30 had turned up at the durian business in pick-ups, he said. 

(Pick-ups! Oh the horror!! was the implication)

So, a 110cc Honda Wave would be frowned upon in an attempt to join this obviously emotional stable family?

3 hours ago, Captain 776 said:

Durian in my house is grounds for divorce.

One night she brought some home and left it outside on the A/C........After an hour or so........I said.....O K where’s the Durian?

Its outside on the A/C...........we still laugh about it today.

Hilarious. 

9 hours ago, BigT73 said:

Looking at the photos you'd  think thats his GF.

Exactly what I was thinking. Look at the photos - he's all over her. His hand is very close to her right breast. In the second photo - she looks decidedly uncomfortable.

I've only seen one other father act like that with his daughter and the photos I saw of them made me think he was actually using his daughter as lover. Trump.

sickening!

10 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Once they have narrowed the numbers down to a few dozen, maybe she should have try outs as to which suitor is most compatible in bed?

.... performed on a mattress created mainly of durian - this to check their performance in a environment linked to the family business ... :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Problem now is, it is going to be hard for her going forward, is the guy really interested in her ? or what they can get through her. I expect that doubt will be there for a long time. She'll be suspicious of everyone that comes near her. 

Similar to how many farang males may feel in Thailand?

11 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

He puts up 10 mill, ten cars but cant afford to go to the <deleted> dentist.

He didn't specify when the 10m/baht nor the 10 cars will be given not either what type of cars and the lack of dentist treatment may be a part of a saving strategy to be able to give what he promised some time in the future ... :whistling:

11 hours ago, bendejo said:

I think of durian as something that stinks and is not permitted in some hotels.

There used to be a sign in the Airport, "No Durian allowed past here". 

"Mr Durian" gets more than he bargained for after advertising his daughter for 10 million baht!

2pm.jpg.04fc33ad9b001904e82915656171bc20.jpg
Picture: Daily News

The wealthy durian trader who advertised the hand of his daughter in marriage for ten million baht is regretting his decision. 

The phone hasn't stopped ringing and it is adversely affecting his business. Tens of thousands of calls have come in and he only has one phone. 

In addition dozens of men have turned up at the family business in Lang Suan, Chumpon, to apply. 

Even foreigners have been calling from as far afield as Sweden. 

Daily News reported that Anon Rotthong, 59, also known as Pa Non (sugar daddy Non) had advertised his daughter Karnsita as being available.

The prospective son-in-law just needed to be able to read and write, be hard working and not lazy, not be wasteful of money - oh, and he had to love durian. 

news_xPcTFtETCU192856_533.jpg.e9f86c04fc929572735b3b9abf67def9.jpg
Picture: Daily News

He hoped to get someone to help with the family business based in Lang Suan in Thailand's south.

In return he would give the successful man 10 million baht, ten cars and a house.

No dowry was necessary at all. 

Soon the calls started flooding in. A heartthrob in Trat by the name of Geo  or Premyosapon Khongsai emerged as a front runner but Anon saw through him.

He thought he was "too handsome" and would probably do the dirty on his daughter.

Anon told Daily News that the whole thing had become a headache as the phone had not stopped ringing and he only had one line to do business. 

Calls had flooded in from Thais as well as foreigners. People had called from China, Sweden, Japan and South Korea. 

Foreign film crews were coming to interview him. 

But worst of all were the hundreds of people who just wanted to borrow money and take his beloved daughter as a "mia noi" (minor wife or mistress). 

Dozens of hopeful men aged 25 - 30 had turned up at the durian business in pick-ups, he said. 

(Pick-ups! Oh the horror!! was the implication)

Hundreds called to say they would meet Karnsita or "Nong Karn" on April 1st.....

It is all becoming a bit much agreed the lady at the center of the story:

"Dad just meant for the post to go to close friends and associates. It was a bit of fun," said Karn. "Now the whole world is beating a path to our door". 

Source: Daily News

thai%2Bvisa_news.jpg&key=07605ee8009e033e42aebb80e2dcd682bb500b914912a36112e686ab3ed5fbdc
-- [emoji767] Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-06

I dont understand how that “Somchai” offers 10 million bahts around, but the hillbilly dude doesn’t even have teeth in his mouth!
Maybe the Dozen amulets he wears on his neck are made with the gold supposed to go for the teeth ? 555 [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

He puts up 10 mill, ten cars but cant afford to go to the f....ing dentist.

37 minutes ago, Schtrick said:

With that kind of money, wouldn't getting his teeth fixed be within his top 5 of priorities?

You 2 must be American.

9 hours ago, TITOLAS said:

I dont understand how that “Somchai” offers 10 million bahts around, but the hillbilly dude doesn’t even have teeth in his mouth!
Maybe the Dozen amulets he wears on his neck are made with the gold supposed to go for the teeth ? 555 emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

RE - but the hillbilly dude doesn’t even have teeth in his mouth!

His denture may have been stuck in a durian after a quick morning bite prior to take that photo  .... :shock1:

23 hours ago, smedly said:

she now needs protection

rather stupid thing to do

Good idea! Maybe we expats could form a three shift system of bodyguards (all must have good intention, of course????). Any offers?

Archived