Wisdom Air

Mahseer

At the airport and wandered over to the Wisdom Air office and they advise that you can now book online. Took them forever but they assure it's now running plus they have added Mae Sot route twice a week on Saturday and Tuesday I believe.

That's the one. Flew Kan loads of time with Mae Hong Son the favoured destination but not this time of year eh.

That Mae Sot route gives access to some fabulous places in southern Burma without the need to ride a bus for 6 hours with Ye my favourite plus there's one of the slowest train rides ever from Mawlamyine to Dawei. Love it.

Before anyone says it Wisdom doesn't have the aircraft to run the Hua Hin route than Kan covered. Shame but as there are presently no domestic flights into Hua Hin can't see anything materialising anytime soon. 

56 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

That Mae Sot route gives access to some fabulous places in southern Burma without the need to ride a bus for 6 hours with Ye my favourite plus there's one of the slowest train rides ever from Mawlamyine to Dawei.

How did you get from the Mae Sot border crossing to the train station in Mawlamyine?

Minivan 4 hours on a good day. There's buses plus cars in which you can share the cost. The 6 hours bus ride I quoted was Chiang Mai to Mae Sot, I much prefer to fly which we can now do foraround 1,500baht I believe one way. 

Archived