I/O 90 day Non-O Ban Phu Nam Ron border run

I've never been to Myanmar. I read a post here in the past 3 months about this being the best/closest border to cross from Bangkok, but could not find it. As I recall someone wrote something about a Thaivisa bus from here. Sadly I could not find the thread and I have additional questions.

1. My passport is USA. Do I need a Myanmar visa before I go? Or am I able to get a border pass? (refer to thread by 'hadock' posted Feb 27). 
  2. Does Myanmar have a similar Immigration stamp like Singapore and Malaysia? Or do they need to take a page to paste a new Visa sticker like Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam?
  3. Is there a special bus or van from Bangkok that does a trip to Phu Nam Ron or is it a van/bus to Kanchanaburi, then another bus to Phu Nam Ron?
  4. Where does one catch a bus to Phu Nam Ron?
  5. Does one buy the minibus and to myanmar ticket before or after clearing Thai immigration?

Thank You

1/2. You get a border pass and then a entry and departure stamp for Myanmar.

5. You pay 950 baht for transport across no mans land and back again to the Thai side after clearing Thai immigration. The 950 baht includes 500 baht baht for a the Myanmar border pass.

3. This company does border runs to Ban Phu Nam Ron from Bangkok. https://www.thaivisaservice.com/

4/5  I think you have to take bus to Kanchanaburi from Bangkok and then local transport to the crossing.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I've decided to rent a car & drive myself tomorrow. Catching a van at 4.45 am just doesn't appeal to me. 

Yes - I've never understood why Visa-Runs are often offered starting at wacky times in the AM.  It seems someone would offer them at 9PM, after the coffee has kicked in.  I get the traffic issue, but maybe departing just after rush-hour?

16 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Yes - I've never understood why Visa-Runs are often offered starting at wacky times in the AM.  It seems someone would offer them at 9PM, after the coffee has kicked in.  I get the traffic issue, but maybe departing just after rush-hour?

Because the nightime driving is dangerous?