BANGKOK 17 August 2019 23:56
bunta71

65,000 baht monthly turned down

On what basis were you applying for a the non-o visa. The do not show one for retirement on their website and you do not qualify for a OA visa.

I think they were looking for at least 400k baht in the bank if you were applying for a non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

On what basis were you applying for a the non-o visa. The do not show one for retirement on their website and you do not qualify for a OA visa.

I think they were looking for at least 400k baht in the bank if you were applying for a non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai.

My wife is a filipina...really have no clue as to why I do not qualify....and I was very clear as to the 65,000 income for a retirement ext. Lived here for many years and always did the same. I realize I don't qualify for the O-A, was doing a non-O, I was instructed by two immigration officials to go get an O-A in Penang....and who am I to argue with two of them

Edited by bunta71

22 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Good luck............

Where would be better and why do you suggest it will not work in Panang?

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Isn't the problem the op isn't proving he has 65k+ baht coming into his THAI bank account monthly

Exactly.  BTW $3,002. does not equal "more that ฿100,000".

Edited by AAArdvark
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, moe666 said:

The new rules are 65,000b deposited in a Thai Bank account each and every month. If you are one of the 4 nations who no longer provides the income letter. A lot of people are being caught out who do not keep up to date on the news in Thailand

Yes my problem is a matter of timing. I have re -opened a Bangkok Bank account but it can take 60 days for Social Security to change deposit. Not sure what all the talk of an O-A is about. It is an "O" that I am pursuing. I did receive an "O" in Kota Bharu about 100 days ago without any copies of my bank account. The banking deposit has not completed yet so if I get another 90 day non-O it will all be done. Being sent to get the non O-A was in Penang was at the direction of two different immigration officials that should have known better. Also the lady in KL who completely disregarded the 65,000 Baht method, along with being apparently unaware that the US Embassy stopped the income affidavits because she asked me several times for the letter from my embassy.  My perception was...is...that having the bank directly deposited into the Thai bank was more important when applying for the retirement extension rather than the non-O. Also for the mathematician, I have another bank account in Hawaii for another small Teamster pension that I choose not to include as the $3000 is way more than the 65,000 baht required but I do appreciate your math skills... another note, Krabi immigration requires at least two months of direct deposit completed before getting the retirement ext. We shall see what tomorrow brings...

• Like 2