65,000 baht monthly turned down

24 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I stand corrected sir. So 1st Jan, 28th Feb, 1st March, 30th April etc would be accepted? 

That example is little over the top.

More like within a week or 2 is what I meant.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pontious said:

True - but Jomtien disagree.

But it not on the exact same day every month which would be  impossible since banks are closed on holidays and weekend.

Mine can vary from the 1st to the 4th of month dependent upon on weekends or holidays here or in the source country.

• Thanks 1

Soi Khao Talo beside the Booze Lounge is a small office, she goes to Bangkok where she was working before.

Take 20k and your papers, give it to her and wait about 4 weeks.

BUT, you need to have at least 21 days left on your 30 days tourist Visa.

You will get a 3 month non O plus retirement 1 year visa.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, fgmr said:

what is an OA visa?

A type of Non Immigrant 'Other' visa, valid for multiple entries of 1 year stay each and valid for 1 year. In UK:-

For applicants aged 50 and over who wish to stay in Thailand for an extended period without the intention of working.

Can only be obtained in your home or resident country.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html

Edited by jacko45k

On 4/8/2019 at 8:48 AM, John V said:

Big Joke’s phrase of ‘good guys in bad guys out’ has changed to ‘rich in not rich out’, with ever increasing attempts by immigration to define the term ‘rich.’

In the Thai mentality rich foreigner = good foreigner, poor foreigner = bad foreigner.

Edited by mngmn
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 8:35 PM, moe666 said:

The new rules are 65,000b deposited in a Thai Bank account each and every month. If you are one of the 4 nations who no longer provides the income letter. A lot of people are being caught out who do not keep up to date on the news in Thailand

I was wondering if an average income of 65k a month is valid, say if one month showed 50k and the next 80k would that be acceptable?

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

I was wondering if an average income of 65k a month is valid, say if one month showed 50k and the next 80k would that be acceptable?

There is no average income allowed for an extension based upon retirement.

15 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

That is the one point that has been made clear - it must be 65k or more each and every month.  

There is a problem with immigration policy: required is a pension and when it refers to a pension from the U.S., it means the social security income, not annuities. When the immigration says you can use a retirement visa after age 50, the requirement is the sole SSI. this is wrong since you cannot get an income from SSI until 62 (early), 67(normal age).
So, in this case, your only option is to put 25,000+ USD in a Thai bank and say goodby to it.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/7/2019 at 2:17 PM, inlandchris said:

There is a problem with immigration policy: required is a pension and when it refers to a pension from the U.S., it means the social security income...

Could also be U.S. VA benefits, or military retirement. 

I was recently told at CM immigration that these military pensions were much preferred over any sort of annuity, or stock dividends, etc.  Going into a Thai bank.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DeathShroud said:

I was recently told at CM immigration that these military pensions were much preferred over any sort of annuity, or stock dividends, etc.  Going into a Thai bank.

I don't know how you could commutate with these people and keep a straight face.

On 6/7/2019 at 2:17 PM, inlandchris said:

There is a problem with immigration policy: required is a pension and when it refers to a pension from the U.S., it means the social security income, not annuities. When the immigration says you can use a retirement visa after age 50, the requirement is the sole SSI. this is wrong since you cannot get an income from SSI until 62 (early), 67(normal age).
So, in this case, your only option is to put 25,000+ USD in a Thai bank and say goodby to it.

Thanks for the clarification! What I don't understand is that some people who are married to a Thai woman don't go to Savannakhet and apply for a Multiple Entry Non-O, based on marriage?

There's NO financial proof needed and I'd guess being older than 50 doesn't make it impossible to go that way.

The only negative part of it is to leave the country every 90 days, which can be a lot of fun, too. 

But having a Filipina wife's changing all. Aren't there others on this forum who're married to a Filipina who know what to do?

Any advice would be deeply appreciated. What really annoys me is the rule that you "only have to show 400,000 baht" when married, but "800,000 baht when being single"? ????

That's in no way fair to those who aren't married to a Thai citizen, it doesn't make any sense to me. Wouldn't a married couple need more money per month than a single man? My apologies, I just don't get it. 

Edited by Isaanbiker

Military pensions preferred? Wondering if it Is because the new PM is/was a general?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Its not 65,000 per month, its 800,000 / 12 = 66,666.67 per month in a Thai bank or more. With dwindling exchange rate, it will get harder or borrow 800k, put in a bank and make payments to pay back your loan.

• Confused 1