65,000 baht monthly turned down

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

And you believe him!

That says it all.  The monthly cash amount remains 65,000 baht by Embassy letter or for the new bank deposits by those countries not providing letters.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, inlandchris said:

The new regulations, so far, is to have in the bank or monthly income to equal that amount in the bank of 800,000.

That seems to be the combination option written incorrectly.

It is a combination of money in the bank and monthly income combined to reach a total of 800k baht.

There have been no changes to the requirements.

The 65k baht has been the same for years now. Immigration set it to 65k baht instead of using the odd number of 66,666.666666 baht or rounding it down to 66k or up to 67k baht.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 4:53 PM, bunta71 said:

My wife is a filipina...really have no clue as to why I do not qualify....and I was very clear as to the 65,000 income for a retirement ext. Lived here for many years and always did the same. I realize I don't qualify for the O-A, was doing a non-O, I was instructed by two immigration officials to go get an O-A in Penang....and who am I to argue with two of them

Time to explore the Pilipine possibilities maybe?

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:58 PM, inlandchris said:

From what I have just done, you need a bank printout for the year, stamped by the bank. That printout must show 800,000 baht or more total deposits. W-2 forms help but they want to see what comes into Thailand. However, all may change after a new government. Its really best to have atleast 800,000 in the bank. Unfortuneatly, I did not know the U.S. Consulate in Chiang Mai canceled thier affidavit of income service last year! I was caught with my pants down and really upset.

Anyone wants to make a petition for Senator Feinstein, 150 or more signatures.

The reason, the consulate didn’t give enough notice since retiement visa’s are renewed every year, the consulate should of had a year and-a-half to prepare its citizens instead of creating every retiree a heart attack.

Sorry, but after many hours of research regarding writing our members of Congress, as U.S. citizens we do not have access to any of the 535 members of Congress unless we have a residential address within their district.  One site https://contactingcongress.org/ lists all members of Congress with an envelope symbol where you can send them an email.  However you have to provide your zip code and if not in their district you can go no further.  There are email addresses following that will work but I doubt our issues here would be a concern.  

President: [email protected]
Vice President: [email protected]
Comments: [email protected].

On 3/10/2019 at 9:27 PM, Thailand Outcast said:

You mean immigration's new method of making money.  (must use visa agent) 

Anybody know of a reliable 'Visa Agent' in the Hua-Hin area. If you do please PM me. I'm trying to help a friend out who is struggling with the new regs. I'm lucky enough to be able to go down the 800k deposit route the next time, but I will then try to use the 65k pcm from then on. 

Your story is not unique, and the thing is you can't assume anything, the less experienced tend to process process information in a straight line, and any deviance is considered a violation and puts you in default..you should have made sure you had the BHT300K total as the balance..you created some of that yourself..

But all that aside, Dude how much are you spending in ATM fees a month?.. I counted $45 on just one page... pm me and if you are a US Expat I will show you how to eliminate your fees completely..every dime..and pay ZERO from now on.

I am not a scammer I had someone tell me how and I saved over $1200 in fees last year..which paid for my roundtrip flight, let me know and anyone else that is interested in saving all of their ATM fees (US Based only) I am happy to share.

On 7/9/2019 at 1:26 PM, Pumpuynarak said:

TV Post.PNG

That last paragraph is pretty sad. I an curious if other expats in Thailand who are married to a Thai national also get their wife's knickers in a knot about all these changes and the possibility of leaving the country in the end. As can be seen on this website how many people do have the money but the silliness of the system is causing so many people grief and anxiety. 

• Like 1