Where to buy a Sony mobile phone in Pattaya?

wpcoe

I'm considering buying a Sony mobile phone, and would like to actually see/handle one before I do.  I just returned from Central Festival and the Sony store on 3F has closed.  I tried all the phone shops on that floor and "No have."  Even Power Buy "no have."

Any idea where in Pattaya (authentic) Sony mobile phones are sold?

PS:  The Sony store locator web site still lists the Central Festival store, and no others.

[edited to add:]  Even the store with this large banner didn't sell Sony phones:

sony.jpg

Thanks.  I know I can order online, but I'd feel more comfortable with "knowing" the phone by actually seeing and holding it, first.

(Example:  I looked at the iPhone XS while I was at the mall, and really didn't like the feel of it.)

[edited to add]

I searched for "sony xz2 compact" on Lazada, and all that comes up are accessories for the phone.  Does nobody really still sell that model phone?

2 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Thanks.  I know I can order online, but I'd feel more comfortable with "knowing" the phone by actually seeing and holding it, first.

(Example:  I looked at the iPhone XS while I was at the mall, and really didn't like the feel of it.)

[edited to add]

I searched for "sony xz2 compact" on Lazada, and all that comes up are accessories for the phone.  Does nobody really still sell that model phone?

Closest only to find  =sonyxzpremium at powerbuy , almost all shopping malls have a department store of them 

https://www.powerbuy.co.th/en/phone-and-tablet/l/brand:sony

2019-03-07_015107.png

The fact no one sells Sony should tell you something about Sony phones. Maybe better to look at another brand. I seem to remember a store in Tukcom selling Sonys. As you go in the front entrance at ground floor it's on the right about 20 yards up.

I'm looking for a small, one-handed phone that also fits comfortably in a pocket to replace my iPhone SE whose battery capacity is dwindling.  I had hopes that the rumors of a Sony XZ4 Compact had been true, but their new line of phones was just released without it.

I had a Sony Z3 Compact in the past, and liked it.  Sony made their Compact models with the same high-end internals as their full-size counterparts.  The Sony XZ2 Compact, released last year, seems to be the last in the line of high-end compact phones, so I want to handle one and see if it works for me.

7 hours ago, david555 said:

Closest only to find  =sonyxzpremium at powerbuy , almost all shopping malls have a department store of them 

https://www.powerbuy.co.th/en/phone-and-tablet/l/brand:sony

Thanks, but the Power Buy at Central Festival does not carry any Sony phones, or at least so the sales person there told me.

The one that at least used to be in tukcom (no idea if they are still there, groud floor beach side soi entrance) had exceptionally ignorant sellers even for Thai standards, the last time I went to look for one years ago they didn't even know the available models. Just go lazada if it has to be a sony.

Thanks, everybody for the information.  Indeed disappointing to hear that Sony has stopped selling phones in Thailand.  They were the last manufacturer to build small form factor, top end phones.  I will be in NYC in April (Songkran in Pattaya is not for me) and will take a look there.

On 3/7/2019 at 9:39 AM, wpcoe said:

I'm looking for a small, one-handed phone that also fits comfortably in a pocket

Image result for Nokia 3710 pic

I have just ordered one of these!!! Want to go retro and compact, without all the other nonsense that goes with others!!

If it just needs to be a small phone and not the latest top model, ebay has lots of sellers in China selling older Sony models cheaply. They are new phones, surplus of what didn't get sold before the models were discontinued. Some models have support from xda community (https://forum.xda-developers.com/) so can install a newer version of Android. You can probably buy four of them for the price of a new one and the performance isn't that much worse.

I had a Sony mini phone once, it was handy, about 5x4cm I think.

@DrTuner:  Thanks.  I am looking for a last-generation Sony compact model, but I don't want to buy sight unseen.  i.e. I want to see, feel and handle it to make sure it's what I really want.  It is a bit bigger than what I have now (iPhone SE).

I'll be in NYC in a few weeks and will try to track one down there, since it appears Sony doesn't sell their phones in Thailand any more.

On 3/6/2019 at 11:32 PM, wpcoe said:

[edited to add]

I wouldn't worry about handling it, I have and it is a great solid phone, I also wouldn't worry about size either, XZ2 easily fits a pocket - remember it is one of the new slim formfactor phones so isn't as wide as previous models, just go watch one of the many youtube reviews, the XZ2 and XZ2 compact are available on lazada for about 14k baht - just search for Sony XZ2

this phone is still supported by Sony and you will get all updates etc for at least 2 years

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=sony+xz2&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.home.search.go.1125719c24mmIh

Archived