BANGKOK
wpcoe

Where to buy a Sony mobile phone in Pattaya?

If it just needs to be a small phone and not the latest top model, ebay has lots of sellers in China selling older Sony models cheaply. They are new phones, surplus of what didn't get sold before the models were discontinued. Some models have support from xda community (https://forum.xda-developers.com/) so can install a newer version of Android. You can probably buy four of them for the price of a new one and the performance isn't that much worse.

I had a Sony mini phone once, it was handy, about 5x4cm I think.

• Like 1

@DrTuner:  Thanks.  I am looking for a last-generation Sony compact model, but I don't want to buy sight unseen.  i.e. I want to see, feel and handle it to make sure it's what I really want.  It is a bit bigger than what I have now (iPhone SE).

I'll be in NYC in a few weeks and will try to track one down there, since it appears Sony doesn't sell their phones in Thailand any more.

Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2019 at 11:32 PM, wpcoe said:

Thanks.  I know I can order online, but I'd feel more comfortable with "knowing" the phone by actually seeing and holding it, first.

(Example:  I looked at the iPhone XS while I was at the mall, and really didn't like the feel of it.)

[edited to add]

I searched for "sony xz2 compact" on Lazada, and all that comes up are accessories for the phone.  Does nobody really still sell that model phone?

I wouldn't worry about handling it, I have and it is a great solid phone, I also wouldn't worry about size either, XZ2 easily fits a pocket - remember it is one of the new slim formfactor phones so isn't as wide as previous models, just go watch one of the many youtube reviews, the XZ2 and XZ2 compact are available on lazada for about 14k baht - just search for Sony XZ2

this phone is still supported by Sony and you will get all updates etc for at least 2 years

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=sony+xz2&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.home.search.go.1125719c24mmIh

Edited by smedly