Heineken launches non-alcoholic beer

snoop1130

Heineken launches non-alcoholic beer

By The Nation

Alcohol-free-Heineken-0.0-lands-in-the-US_wrbm_large.jpg

Heineken has launched “Heineken 0.0” in Thailand, a non-alcoholic beer made from natural ingredients, brewed with a recipe providing a distinct taste that contains no added sugar and 69 calories per 330ml, and aimed at consumers who enjoy the taste of beer, but not necessarily the effects of alcohol.

Heineken 0.0 gives consumers a new choice and contributes to the growing cultural trend focused on moderate alcohol consumption.

Maud Meijboom van Wel, Heineken Brand development boss in the Asia Pacific, said: “Heineken 0.0 offers a distinct and balanced taste, which you can now enjoy at any time. It was brewed to provide our consumers with a new option for all their drinking occasions, addresses the growing cultural trend of living a balanced lifestyle and empowers people who can’t drink alcohol to be involved in every non-beer moment. In addition to positioning the Heineken brand as a pioneer in the industry, we continue to introduce new and innovative products to meet the needs of consumers and to complement our existing offerings, without compromising on quality.”

Heineken 0.0 is aimed at both men and women aged 20 and older (legal drinking age and above) who enjoy the taste of beer, but not necessarily the effects of alcohol at certain moments during the day. Heineken doesn’t have any intention of using this product for advertising purposes or breaching laws in the country.” 

The targeted groups are professionals, active parents and the health-conscious. 

Heineken plans to kick-off the official launch with the “Heineken 0.0 Barcade” event, which will serve as one of the key marketing and communication strategies to educate consumers and promote an understanding about the new product. Following the launch, a giveaway is planned to allow consumers to experience Heineken 0.0. The sampling programme will begin in May and run throughout the whole year at locations that are aligned with the lifestyles of the four groups, including office buildings, cafés and coffee shops and other popular public areas during working hours to reach 16 million consumers in 2019.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/business/30365312

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-06

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

It was brewed to provide our consumers with a new option for all their drinking occasions, addresses the growing cultural trend of living a balanced lifestyle and empowers people who can’t drink alcohol to be involved in every non-beer moment.

I find tea, coffee, water and juices fill those occasions at a fraction of the price. Advertising/marketing has certainly scoured the modern dictionary for those memorably stupid quotes. 

Utterly pointless.

57 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Heineken 0.0 is aimed at both men and women aged 20 and older (legal drinking age and above)

The fact that it contains no alcohol, shouldn't that mean it would be available to all ages?????

Thats strange. Why would they do that? Since the only reason people drink alcohol is because it results in a malfunctioning brain, so they can say and do things, they wouldnt have the balls to say and do otherwise.
So who is going to buy alcohol free beer? It doesnt help you to malfunction.

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

or breaching laws in the country

Does the law not say that you cannot drive without 50% alcohol in your.........................................sorry I misunderstood.

7 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I like the taste of beer and tried many zero alcohol brews over the years, when I needed to drive - all extremely disappointing.

What I have done successfully is to drink 1 or 2 regular beers and then switch to zero alcohol.  Keeps me sober, felling better the next day and after the first real beer(s) I hardly notice the zero.

We had it in Saudi for years, Same as Holsten, Budweiser, and a couple of others that escape my memory at the moment. They all tasted crap, but we used them to brew beer with alcohol content in them. Best results were with Holsten.

13 hours ago, Lungstib said:

I find tea, coffee, water and juices fill those occasions at a fraction of the price. Advertising/marketing has certainly scoured the modern dictionary for those memorably stupid quotes.

Of course there is such a thing as taste.

I can not drink alcohol, but I like the taste of beer and I don't mind if I have to pay for a different taste.

13 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

Thats strange. Why would they do that? Since the only reason people drink alcohol is because it results in a malfunctioning brain, so they can say and do things, they wouldnt have the balls to say and do otherwise.
So who is going to buy alcohol free beer? It doesnt help you to malfunction.

How many beers did that take to write? ????

I remember as a teenager we gave a guy kaliber( alcohol free)
He was slurring his speech and everything [emoji2]
After that we nicknamed him the kaliber kid

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

This is available in the UK and although not quite as good as Becks Blue is drinkable.  For those driving or simply trying to cut down on alcohol it is a much better alternative to Soda, tea, coffee etc.  In the UK it is nearly half the price of normal bottled beer in supermarkets but that would be expecting too much here.

By far the best alcohol free-beer is Brewdog Nanny State.

Archived