Three Chinese arrested for working as photographers in wedding shoot

snoop1130

Three Chinese arrested for working as photographers in wedding shoot

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__78979103.jpg

Three foreigners have been arrested for illegally working as pre-wedding photographers and assistants in Chalong.

Officers arrested three Chinese for illegally working as pre-wedding photographers at the Wat Chalong yesterday.

The arrest follow officers receiving a tip-off that there were foreigners doing photos shoots for pre-wedding pics at the popular Chalong Temple.

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/three-chinese-arrested-for-working-as-photographers-in-wedding-shoot

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-03-06

Three suspects were taken to the Chalong Police Station for working illegally in a job reserved for Thai citizens and without a work permit.

I don't think that photography is a job reserved for Thais... It is not on the list as far as I can research.

Long may it continue- they are a pain in the erse. jabbering away at top volume, wandering into traffic, blocking sidewalks and parking spaces and just being a general nuisance. if western people get hammered for working why shouldn't the Chinese.

its is clear that the commentators above have little insight into the hassle they cause in PHUKET.

3 hours ago, Krabi King said:

Three suspects were taken to the Chalong Police Station for working illegally in a job reserved for Thai citizens and without a work permit.

I don't think that photography is a job reserved for Thais... It is not on the list as far as I can research.

Service Industry:

• – You are not allowed in Tour agencies
  • – You are not allowed in Hotels except Hotel management
  • – You are not allowed in photography, laundering, dress making and service jobs.

3 hours ago, lockyv7 said:

yep lets just move the whole wedding to Bali and take the photos, book the hotels, spend all the money there. 

In fact, Chinese are doing this to Thailand already. The Chinese who book a (pre-wedding or just) holiday, pay in China, stay in hotels & eat in restaurants owned by Chinese, have Chinese tourguides, are driven around in Chinese owned buscompanies, and visit companies who do sell latex products, and of course they are (partially) owned by Chinese. Estimates are 80% of the profit made of Chinese tourists in Thailand flows back to China. So a little bit protection is nothing wrong with. We all do want Thailand to stay like Thailand now is, not change into a province of China, do we ?

2 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Service Industry:

• – You are not allowed in Tour agencies
  • – You are not allowed in Hotels except Hotel management
  • – You are not allowed in photography, laundering, dress making and service jobs.

Interesting... what is your source for this info? The labour department doesn't mention this.

Lock them up for 50 years and throw away the keys; they are such a threat to Khon Thai. Apart from the language and the cultural understanding it might be, that the Thai photographers overcharge completely while producing mostly rubbish photos of an event you cannot repeat just for the sake of photos. 

So happened at the wedding of a friend of mine; luckily my friend's elder brother did his own photos which compensated for the total screw-up by the Thai photograph studio which charged THB 25'000. Needless to say, that they did not get paid and even the police, where a complaint was filed, had to agree that those shaky dark pictures were a total desaster job ...... 

On 3/7/2019 at 8:34 AM, lockyv7 said:

yep lets just move the whole wedding to Bali and take the photos, book the hotels, spend all the money there. 

Certainly a good idea Locky. Totally works for me. 

Admittedly my livelihood doesn't depend on tourism. In fact tourism is a negative for me now that I'm settled here. ????

What honestly constitutes a so called Pro photographer over an amateur photographer who maybe a friend or relative of the bride/groom to be?? Has any remuneration been received in Thailand for services rendered? ie.. Professional photos being taken.. Just because someone who has a keen interest as a hobby, with $1000s invested in camera gear doesn't necessarily equate to them being a paid pro.. 

Not the first time this BS has been used by local so-called pros missing out on a baht of income that most likely no income tax has been paid on.. 

If you go to Bali, Cambodia, Malaysia, Vietnam etc. I guarantee there wouldn't be an issue.. I guarantee that a lot more money would be spent by the wedding entourage than an unscrupulous so-called local Thai Pro photographer.. 

Sometimes the local Thai working rules make absolutely no sense at all.. For work issues that are at the best debatable!! 

On 3/7/2019 at 1:09 PM, Psimbo said:

Long may it continue- they are a pain in the erse. jabbering away at top volume, wandering into traffic, blocking sidewalks and parking spaces and just being a general nuisance. if western people get hammered for working why shouldn't the Chinese.

its is clear that the commentators above have little insight into the hassle they cause in PHUKET.

The Chinese are now the bread and butter of the Phuket tourism industry.  Who would have thought.   ????

Archived