Degree Certificate

SteveK

Hello all,

I am not currently considering a teaching job, but in any case would like to ask the following question.

My original certificate was lost a long time ago. When you apply for a teaching role in Thailand, do you need to show the original certificate? Is it acceptable just for them to confirm with the University that you did indeed get your degree? Is it worth getting a stamped and notarised copy sent out from the University? What would be acceptable - I know that Thailand loves official paperwork, but would love to hear people's experiences.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

I have my doubts they would agree to undertake the initial contact with your old uni, they will be expecting you do that.

From my understanding a notarised copy would be accepted.

In any even they do then get confirmations from your old uni.

I received my Teacher's License based on my transcript.  I long ago lost my diploma and I never got a replacement.  That was quite a few years back.  

I have also submitted transcripts (without a diploma) which stated on the transcript that a Bachelor's degree was granted.   They were accepted.

You will need your degree to show at 3 seperate Thai goverment agencies:

- the teachers council

- the labour office

- immigration

If one of them doesn't accept it you will be in trouble. So do try to get a copy of your degree ASAP. 

On 3/7/2019 at 6:18 PM, Preacher said:

You will need your degree to show at 3 seperate Thai goverment agencies:

- the teachers council

- the labour office

- immigration

If one of them doesn't accept it you will be in trouble. So do try to get a copy of your degree ASAP. 

Wise words.   In my years working in an administrative position with schools in several provinces, any one of those three can bring everything to a grinding halt.  

Archived