Democrats bar Fox News from moderating debates after reported Trump ties

webfact

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Ulic said:

Not anything everyone doesn't already know. FOX "News" heavily favors the Republicans while CNN, MSNBC lean heavily to the Democrats. FOX claims to be fair and balanced just like the "Democratic" Republic of North Korea" and the "Democratic" Republic of the Congo both claim (in the name) to be democracies. None of these channels is fair and balanced in its reporting when it comes to politics any more than the BBC and RT. They all have an editorial agenda. 

Once again, the case cited against Fox was not a matter of balance or bias.. It deliberately suppressed news that could have hurt Trump.

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Wow this is news? What next a dress code with no MAGA hats at their debates?

Yes it is. For those of us who understand the difference between the opinion section and the news gathering section of a new organization it is very big news. For those of us who don't understand the difference, not so much.

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Maga hats at a democratic party debate would pure trolling. Maga hats are like civil war rebel flags or worse.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It was a joke. Settle down I was just making a joke. But yeah Fox was never going to host the debates. They will most certainly do one of the presidential debates. 

9 minutes ago, riclag said:

This isn't my father's Democrat party!

Cheer up. The Republican party still favors the rich. Now after increasing the deficit by slashing taxes on the rich, they're talking about slashing the budget.  Same as they've always done.

14 hours ago, attrayant said:

The OP does not use the word 'bias' at all.  This is about the intimate, incestuous relationship between Trump and Fox "News".  If there were any such relationship between Trump and the other media outlets you mentioned, I would be in favor of barring them as well.

And Rachel Maddow and MSNBC wern't doing the same for Hillary? Maddow was a pimp for her.

12 hours ago, Ulic said:

Not anything everyone doesn't already know. FOX "News" heavily favors the Republicans while CNN, MSNBC lean heavily to the Democrats. FOX claims to be fair and balanced just like the "Democratic" Republic of North Korea" and the "Democratic" Republic of the Congo both claim (in the name) to be democracies. None of these channels is fair and balanced in its reporting when it comes to politics any more than the BBC and RT. They all have an editorial agenda. 

They are solely for entertainment for their audiences. The days of Walter Cronkite are long over. "And that's the way it is"

This is the silliest topic. It begs the question... why on earth would the dems ever want to allow a conservative leaning news network to moderate their own internal party debates? When they get past this the dems won't have a choice Fox will do one debate whether they like it or not.

8 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Cheer up. The Republican party still favors the rich. Now after increasing the deficit by slashing taxes on the rich, they're talking about slashing the budget.  Same as they've always done.

To be fair that whole tax plan fiasco was a product of Goldman Sachs via Gary Cohen. They serve rich Democrats and Republicans alike. Note he hit the door just as soon as mission accomplished. There was an anecdote floating around that Trump wanted to raise rates on highest earners to 44% but Goldman Sachs Cohen nixed it.

2 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

To be fair that whole tax plan fiasco was a product of Goldman Sachs via Gary Cohen. They serve rich Democrats and Republicans alike. Note he hit the door just as soon as mission accomplished. There was an anecdote floating around that Trump wanted to raise rates on highest earners to 44% but Goldman Sachs Cohen nixed it.

It isn't as if the other side plans to cut the debt. If they are elected it will be the biggest spending of all time.

This is the silliest topic. It begs the question... why on earth would the dems ever want to allow a conservative leaning news network to moderate their own internal party debates? When they get past this the dems won't have a choice Fox will do one debate whether they like it or not.
No there won't be any democratic party primary debates on Fox or RT either.

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No there won't be any democratic party primary debates on Fox or RT either.

There however will be a presidential main debate on fox. Most likely moderated by Wallace. The internal affairs of an increasingly paranoid, vitriolic, party need to be controlled from the inside. lol Good luck with the freshmen. Even Pelosi is sick of them now.

There however will be a presidential main debate on fox. Most likely moderated by Wallace. The internal affairs of an increasingly paranoid, vitriolic, party need to be controlled from the inside. lol Good luck with the freshmen. Even Pelosi is sick of them now.

There might not be any such debates at all. 45 has tweeted he won't do debates on what he calls fake news networks. If his position is Fox only there will be no debates as the democrats will never agree to Fox propaganda network only nor should they. Perhaps he is afraid of being held to account.

Twitter - -

Democrats just blocked

@FoxNews

from holding a debate. Good, then I think I’ll do the same thing with the Fake News Networks and the Radical Left Democrats in the General Election debates!

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

There might not be any such debates. 45 has tweeted he won't do debates on what he calls fake news networks. If his position is Fox only there will be no debates. Perhaps he is afraid.

I think you're right. There will be no Presidential debates if Trump makes it that far. He has no reason to. His base is solidly locked up, he cannot get any new voters and knows this so there is no upside. He can only lose normal Republican voters by going into debates as he is exposed. As long as there is no change in electoral college dynamics, I wouldn't do it either and I don't think he will do it. 

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

The problem is Fox News is no longer a "conservative leaning news network."  They are essentially State TV, existing only to promote and protect Trump.  But what's even worse is they've sacrificed all journalistic integrity in doing so.  They intentionally spread "disinformation."  It's actually quite positive for America that the DNC is standing up to this corrupt network. 

Another Fox News Democratic Primaries debate question has been leaked:

Seeing as none of you has any experience being a reality TV star, isn’t it obvious that none of you are qualified to be President?

36 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

The problem is Fox News is no longer a "conservative leaning news network."  They are essentially State TV, existing only to promote and protect Trump.  But what's even worse is they've sacrificed all journalistic integrity in doing so.  They intentionally spread "disinformation."  It's actually quite positive for America that the DNC is standing up to this corrupt network. 

That's only a problem for CNN. if you are liberal Fox is unstoppable.

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

That's only a problem for CNN. 

These media groups have pretty much displaced the citizenry, who only serve as the means toward their aims. If winning the media wars meant Fox had to switch to being ultra liberal they'd do it in a heartbeat. It's all just show business and of course profits.

Archived