"Mr Durian" says 'stop calling'! My daughter will decide in the end

webfact

"Mr Durian" says 'stop calling'! My daughter will decide in the end

1pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The wealthy durian trader who offered his daughter and ten million baht to a potential son-in-law has begged people to stop calling. 

Anon Rotthong, 59, has had more than 10,000 calls from Thailand and abroad. 

He said his business was suffering and no one was getting any sleep.

He called for an end to the plan and said that he will let nature take its course - his daughter will decide in the end who to marry based on love. 

1pm1.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook said daughter Karnsita, 26, looked exhausted from lack of sleep as she concurred with her dad at a press conference. 

The news had been translated into Chinese and 10 million people read it in an hour - such is the pulling power of money.....and durian!

Anon also pulled plans to hold a selection event at a market in Chantaburi on April 1st. He said it would create trouble there - there is not enough parking or infrastructure - people might get into fights over his daughter and he would not want that. 

He said what started as a bit of fun among his close friends on Facebook had blown out of all proportion. 

But he did say that when his daughter makes her choice of suitor he will still pay the guy 10 million baht and get him a car and house. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-07

6 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

"Anon also pulled plans to hold a selection event at a market in Chantaburi on April 1st."

See it for what it is. Check the date. It's a huge wind-up  . . . .  ????

Only a "fool" would fall for that ! There may be many "Fools" there on that date - in April. :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

Dear Mr Durian, out of respect for your wishes I will not call, but just have a glimpse of hope that you read ThaiVisa and see this comment. I want to put my name in the bag, I do not want 10,000,000 Baht but just to give your daughter a good time for a short time. I'm not good in relationships living here in Thailand. Most women here say that I'm a "butterfly." If that suits you, it suits me. Send me a message if or when you see this. Regards;

22 hours ago, webfact said:

his daughter will decide in the end who to marry based on love. 

Which is what should have happened in the first place without him meddling in her private life...

But having said that I think this was & still is a well thought out marketing plan... when the dust has finally settled he will have had all the free publicity he could have ever wished for and maybe a lot more customers!

Smart man indeed!

He should create Mr. Durian, son-in-law a reality TV show instead of asking people to call. Open online application for the weekly show.e.g Durian Survivors show the winner can take everything he offers like Trump show. I think he can get rid of his daughter and same time make more money for the next show if the son-in-law run away.

964E02F0-2BBC-42C0-ACA7-1DC1FE7E5768.jpeg

There is an update to this story all over Thai media, apparently he owes the bank 30 million because the durian business is failing. The bank is now coming to visit (after seeing the story) asking about the 10 million and why they are not being paid etc.

This clearly is just a publicity stunt for his shop. 

By the way in the begining he said he doesn't need a guy to hold any degree, well if he held one himself he would have probably made a more thought through approach so that his phone won't have to ring all the time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived