BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Optician decapitated as "brake failure" Bangkok bus mounts the footpath

3 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Always those brake failures, never driver failures. Is it so hard to blame the driver.

Brake failures happens so often as here in Thailand, I don't, will and can't believe it anymore as so many other "white" lies here.

If you knew the skills of the guys who work in the brake repair garages, you could understand.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

he suffered brake failure on the downward stretch

This is time for new busses to meny brake failure and start maintaining them 

RIP 

4 hours ago, SammyT said:

I struggle to see the point in outlining every single injury in graphic detail just for the benefit of the reader. Most newspapers with any decorum would just say "the victim suffered significant and unsurvivable injuries" or similar. We probably don't need to know that her face was ripped off her skull.

I suggest that you never visit Liveleak or Bestgore websites. 

If she was squashed by the let side of the bus and a pole, why is this dope pointing at the right rear of the bus?

The 115 does not cross a bridge at this point (Lat Phrao Soi 125). It does not cross Khlong San Saeb here. The road is flat and very congested near Bangkapi market.

Ah! good. Are you serious, geriatric?

I have the impression that you have never watched television,
in your country, and that you have gone directly to the INTERNET.

Very tragic. But true, indecent detailing

4 hours ago, SammyT said:

I struggle to see the point in outlining every single injury in graphic detail just for the benefit of the reader. Most newspapers with any decorum would just say "the victim suffered significant and unsurvivable injuries" or similar. We probably don't need to know that her face was ripped off her skull.

Yeah the bit I thought was ironic was where it had just told you all the gory bits about face, skull and brains all over the fruit stall, then mentioned she had a broken leg.   That was the least of her worries!

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Nothing like a graphic description to brighten up the day just wash the fruit straighten the bus and start all over again no going to spec savers was going to save this poor woman shopping in the market and slaughtered by a bus and all blamed of course on faithful🤔RIP

for me the graphic detail further increases the impact of the story.. could also help recover more damages in court for her next of kin

Yeah and these half wits fly aeroplanes as well........ But not to America apparently...... It's been a big leap from the   "Gwian"  Buffalo cart.....

The broken leg seemed rather insignificant and did we really need to know her face was ripped off?

Decapitated kind of covers everything. 

I wonder if somchai thought of using the horn all the way down? doubt it.

The brake failure excuse is used so often here because to actually apportion blame correctly on the incompetence of the useless drivers would be too much of a disturbing admission and many locals would probably get volatile at being handed the truth and singled out for their stupidity (children generally don't react too well to that). It is far easier and comfortable to try to blame something that is not human and an act of God, so to speak, as the average local "CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" as Jack Nicholson eloquently put it in a famous movie.