Italian motorcyclist's arm broken by Thai motorist wielding hammer

webfact

Italian motorcyclist's arm broken by Thai motorist wielding hammer

By The Nation

screenshot_8785.jpg

video screenshot

Police are hunting for a Thai motorist who broke an Italian motorcyclist's arm with a hammer in Chon Buri's Muang district on Wednesday night.

The victim, Denti Samuele, 40, was taken to the Chon Buri Hospital after the assault in front of the Lotus shopping mall in Tambon Samed at 10pm.

Samuele's Thai girlfriend, Paritra Klaewklangsuek, 25, who was a pillion passenger, told police that Samuele had suffered from a broken leg earlier and could not ride fast.

She said they noticed that a Honda car was trailing behind their motorcycle so they tried to avoid it, but the car stopped in front of them.

She said an angry Thai man, who appeared intoxicated, got out of his car carrying a hammer. He accused her boyfriend of driving drunk and hit his right arm with the hammer.

Untitled-1.jpg

video screenshot

She said she fought back with her boyfriend's leg crutch and the Thai man fled back to his car and left the scene.

Police plan to check footage of security cameras in the area.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30365353

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-07

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, colinneil said:

What the hell was the clown doing riding an mc with a broken leg.

Yup, hitting him with a hammer is the right thing to do....????

there are soo many very slow drivers on the Thai roads.

7 minutes ago, colinneil said:

What the hell was the clown doing riding a mc with a broken leg.

About 11 years ago, I took a tumble on Pattaya Tai during the water pipe fiasco and broke my ankle. 105k baht worth of surgery later, I was out and about with no weight-bearing for 4 months while the ankle healed.

As most can imagine, the Thai's are like vultures when they see an injured foreigner ripe for the pickings. Baht buses wanted demanded 300 baht from Walking Street to just behind the Carrefour. More when it was raining. 

Tried motorbike taxi's a couple of times. In total fear for my life. If you are already injured from a motorbike accident, you will NOT get on the back of one of those guys more than once or twice.

In the end, I rented a Honda Click so that I could stand the crutches up in front of the seat and drove myself. Much safer, and significantly less expensive, than the alternatives.

9 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Hardly a good reason for breaking his arm :coffee1:

Agree with you mate, but the Italian clearly was not in full control of his bike, his girlfriend said as much, he could only drive slow.

As we all know it does not take much to set a Thai man off, when driving, road rage here is a very serious problem.

What happened prior to being hit with the hammer? We dont know, and neither him or his girlfriend will be forthcoming about that.

31 minutes ago, webfact said:

that Samuele had suffered from a broken leg earlier

32 minutes ago, webfact said:

Italian motorcyclist's arm broken by Thai motorist

if this was me, I would be trying to figure out what the universe was trying to tell me.

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

As we all know is does not take much to set a Thai man off, when driving, road rage here is a very serious problem.

Well, we know the score, but that's not a reason to excuse thuggish behaviour (of course, i know you don't)

Driving slowly is not a crime as far as i know, while we can regard driving too fast as a danger for everyone.

Just now, NCC1701A said:

if this was me, I would be trying to figure out what the universe was trying to tell me.

The universe told him, without doubt, not to ride a motorbike for some time :whistling:

48 minutes ago, colinneil said:

What the hell was the clown doing riding a mc with a broken leg.

The allegedly intoxicated Thai driver decided to "pound" some sense into the Italian.

All too common these days, xenophobic attacks on Foreigners. Embassies and travel agents really need to start warning people of the perils of Thailand, it aint what it was....although saying that, it use to happen but is only with the advent of social media it is now coming to the publics attention.

In fact I rarely venture out in the car or bike due to the daily occurance of almost accidents, coupled with police stops. Even had a young thai cussing and threatning me in the middle of Sukhumvit on a Saturday afternoon a few months back..no shame, no face, three kids in the car...the place is a nightmare now

Thai so called motorists are criminally dangerous in any shape or form not only they can’t drive in a straight line for a km or so. They sleep on the wheels and can’t careless about other motorists on the roads ( unless they’re Thai of course ???? ) Starting from these public danger taxis and motorbike taxis who are unlawful causing all kinds of traffic violations and accidents on the roads.

Still, this idiot’s behaviour doesn’t justify his violent action towards other people whether they’re Italians or english or else ! They’ve got a hot temper and a bad attitude, hardly any patience especially towards non Thai people ( unless they’re ripping someone off  ) in the bkk jungle.

I wouldn’t let any of them get near anything with an engine !

I have hard time to believe that the police will do any justice in this scenario as well, unless they’re rich Thai people needless to say ????

52 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Agree with you mate, but the Italian clearly was not in full control of his bike, his girlfriend said as much, he could only drive slow.

As we all know it does not take much to set a Thai man off, when driving, road rage here is a very serious problem.

What happened prior to being hit with the hammer? We dont know, and neither him or his girlfriend will be forthcoming about that.

He obviously was in control of it until this Thai muppet wanted to play the big man.

What makes you think he was not in control of it, the fact that he was driving slowly?

1 minute ago, JaiLai said:

Incorrect.

FACT - he was driving slowly fine until a physco drunk driver ( who carries a hammer ) got bored and looked for an easy victim to abuse.

One can just to hope it doesn't become a trend to carry hammers and smack slow drivers.

33 minutes ago, Youlike said:

It's the law of the jungle, weak ones get eaten first. Especially when they look strange.

Exactly this. There is no such cultural concept as "virtue" or "chivalry" in asia. They are not a savage people by any means at all, they respect authority and order. But only through strength do they respect those, not out of foreign concepts like compassion or chivalry. The only way a weak person here is shown compassion is if they are family.

Another thing, I get xenophobic attitudes but only when I am out alone. With a thai friend or GF, nothing... these people are weak minded pussies and will only dog pile on when they're pack has their side.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

I can still see no reason to break his arm with a hammer!!

Archived