Italian motorcyclist's arm broken by Thai motorist wielding hammer

webfact

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, greenbottle555 said:

Exactly this. There is no such cultural concept as "virtue" or "chivalry" in asia. They are not a savage people by any means at all, they respect authority and order. But only through strength do they respect those, not out of foreign concepts like compassion or chivalry. The only way a weak person here is shown compassion is if they are family.

Another thing, I get xenophobic attitudes but only when I am out alone. With a thai friend or GF, nothing... these people are weak minded pussies and will only dog pile on when they're pack has their side.

You actually talk about xenophobic attitudes after spouting that drivel

1 minute ago, Sealbash said:

Excessively slow drivers cause as many accidents as speeding drivers.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Yes, the hammer (gavel) should be dropped on both offenders.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

What the hell was the clown doing riding a mc with a broken leg.

I personally ride a Suzuki DR 800 Big for 350 km in the desert with a broken leg so? Maybe you should check what you got in the sack, if are balls or chestnuts...

2 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

I personally ride a Suzuki DR 800 Big for 350 km in the desert with a broken leg so? Maybe you should check what you got in the sack, if are balls or chestnuts...

It appears he is not alone then.

24 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

It takes big balls to ride a big bike with a broken leg.  Really  :whistling:

I would have thought it took small grey matter, but up to you.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Agree with you mate, but the Italian clearly was not in full control of his bike, his girlfriend said as much, he could only drive slow.

As we all know it does not take much to set a Thai man off, when driving, road rage here is a very serious problem.

What happened prior to being hit with the hammer? We dont know, and neither him or his girlfriend will be forthcoming about that.

can even the lowest intellect of us surmise the guy with the broken leg wasn't exactly kung f u fighting or menacing the other guy?  perhaps some insults flew.  unless he was pivoting on the good leg and throwing drop kicks with the hard cast?

insults justify smashing someone with a hammer

4 hours ago, baansgr said:

All too common these days, xenophobic attacks on Foreigners. Embassies and travel agents really need to start warning people of the perils of Thailand, it aint what it was....although saying that, it use to happen but is only with the advent of social media it is now coming to the publics attention.

In fact I rarely venture out in the car or bike due to the daily occurance of almost accidents, coupled with police stops. Even had a young thai cussing and threatning me in the middle of Sukhumvit on a Saturday afternoon a few months back..no shame, no face, three kids in the car...the place is a nightmare now

Really!

I been riding big & small bikes and driving my truck here daily here in Pattaya for the last 10 years and never experienced any hassle or road rage. Okay getting stopped on the bikes now and again but all is in order so I am sent on my way quickly again.

Road rage can happen anywhere in the world

I do not care how not in control of his bike this guy was, or how slow he was going. There is never an excuse for slamming someone with a hammer, short of defending one's life. One can only hope this cowardly half man, this absolute wimp, this worm who picked on an injured man, is caught, and arrested, tried and convicted of felony bodily assault, and sent to the slammer, where he will be able to demonstrate his true power and strength. He will make alot of new friends, and it will allow him time to reflect and gain some perspective on his sorry life. Or not. 

This wasn't road rage, but a neighbourly rage by a farang (Finnish I think ) who attacked me with a job, u know those things the Thais have that do the job of a hoe. Everyone has one.

Obviously I survived, but it wasn't a pleasant experience.

5 hours ago, volsfan said:

About 11 years ago, I took a tumble on Pattaya Tai during the water pipe fiasco and broke my ankle. 105k baht worth of surgery later, I was out and about with no weight-bearing for 4 months while the ankle healed.

As most can imagine, the Thai's are like vultures when they see an injured foreigner ripe for the pickings. Baht buses wanted demanded 300 baht from Walking Street to just behind the Carrefour. More when it was raining. 

Tried motorbike taxi's a couple of times. In total fear for my life. If you are already injured from a motorbike accident, you will NOT get on the back of one of those guys more than once or twice.

In the end, I rented a Honda Click so that I could stand the crutches up in front of the seat and drove myself. Much safer, and significantly less expensive, than the alternatives.

Surely that was the last and final time you were in Pityya?

5 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, we know the score, but that's not a reason to excuse thuggish behaviour (of course, i know you don't)

Driving slowly is not a crime as far as i know, while we can regard driving too fast as a danger for everyone.

Unless you have been driving in a vacuum you should know that driving slowly; especially, in the passing lane is just as dangerous as driving fast.  

2 minutes ago, kensisaket said:

Unless you have been driving in a vacuum you should know that driving slowly; especially, in the passing lane is just as dangerous as driving fast.  

I beg to differ, driving slowly is dangerous only for twisted minds.

So, unless you are going to save the world, you have no excuse to drive fast, pls get a grip.

What possessed him to drive with a broken leg is a mystery, stupidity is my guess. Even if he was desperate and needed food etc there are plenty of taxis about. 

Anyway what ever his reasons, it has nothing to do with a lunatic with a hammer. The problem is much deeper than this. If and when he is caught 200 or maximum 500 baht fine and he is off. Nothing will change, I fear the opposite.  

6 hours ago, webfact said:

She said she fought back with her boyfriend's leg crutch and the Thai man fled back to his car and left the scene.

Too bad she didn't take a snapshot with her cell phone. What if the BIB do find the driver? A wai and 500 baht fine is a likely outcome. Careful out there guys, it is dangerous. 

Archived