Italian motorcyclist's arm broken by Thai motorist wielding hammer

webfact

4 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

One can just to hope it doesn't become a trend to carry hammers and smack slow drivers.

How many make a trend? This guy is unlikely to be the only one carrying something, got to figure the Thai's know something we don't. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IAMHERE said:

How many make a trend? This guy is unlikely to be the only one carrying something, got to figure the Thai's know something we don't. 

My guess is that they know they can get away with it.

And they know that we know.

4 hours ago, baansgr said:

All too common these days, xenophobic attacks on Foreigners. Embassies and travel agents really need to start warning people of the perils of Thailand, it aint what it was....although saying that, it use to happen but is only with the advent of social media it is now coming to the publics attention.

In fact I rarely venture out in the car or bike due to the daily occurance of almost accidents, coupled with police stops. Even had a young thai cussing and threatning me in the middle of Sukhumvit on a Saturday afternoon a few months back..no shame, no face, three kids in the car...the place is a nightmare now

Pattaya has always been a cool place, yeah the odd scuffle shooting but it was always Thai on Thai or farang on farang. The coppers had a few hot spots to do their checks collecting tea money. Now it appears it's all out war on us, any excuse to have a go! I lived Pattaya for 5 years, moved to Bangkok 6 years ago and honestly, I have never looked back! Bangkok is a great city, with so much more to offer expats and retirees than Pattaya. Coppers they have their hot spots like Thonglor which is best to avoid on a motorbike. However in general there is not that feeling of "they are out to get us" that is so prevalent in Pattaya. 

Any normal person seeing an injured individual would cut the bloke some slack, but oh no, not in la la land, that's just an invitation for the cowardly scum to have a cheap pop........ Would of served Somchai right if the Italian had pulled out a Beretta and double tapped the pratt......... High fives all round ! 

So a seemingly intoxicated Thai man, raging because he was held by a slow motor bike for a few seconds, decides to hit the motor cyclist with a hammer, a serious assault causing grievous bodily arm, but gets fought off by the motor cyclists 25 year old gf who fights him off with a crutch (good for her!).

Says a lot about the Thai male ego and bravery!

Two people who want to have a go at each other should be able to register their intent to do battle.

They can both have a hammer and people can pay to see. Medical can be arranged nearby. Telecast rights would bring in millions.

I've also before mentioned Thai visa should allow insulting posts if two users want to fight. There should be an opt in clause for troll reception .

Go ahead guys. Give me your insults. Let them stand. I don't mind. Obviously there should be a point where I can tap out. 

I was on the MRT today going from Lumpini to Huay Kwang when a woman with a child got on with the usual looks from the seated people of who was going to get up and give the child a seat. I was stood there just minding my own business when this middle aged troll got up and gestured to the woman to come over whilst she held the back of the seat while looking at me as though i was going to steal it and she was going to fight off the evil farang oppressor !  This is what Thailand's getting like under this current mobs xenophobic propaganda....... By the way i wasn't going to steal it, unlike the locals i was brought up with manners and consideration for others....... I might remind these F%^& wits that i come from a first world country that basically ran the world at one stage, rather than a third world tin pot Pi*& pot outfit......... F%^& angry !  

10 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

So a seemingly intoxicated Thai man, raging because he was held by a slow motor bike for a few seconds, decides to hit the motor cyclist with a hammer, a serious assault causing grievous bodily arm, but gets fought off by the motor cyclists 25 year old gf who fights him off with a crutch (good for her!).

Says a lot about the Thai male ego and bravery!

Yep, respect for the girl who stood by her injured boy friend.

6 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

I was on the MRT today going from Lumpini to Huay Kwang when a woman with a child got on with the usual looks from the seated people of who was going to get up and give the child a seat. I was stood there just minding my own business when this middle aged troll got up and gestured to the woman to come over whilst she held the back of the seat while looking at me as though i was going to steal it and she was going to fight off the evil farang oppressor !  This is what Thailand's getting like under this current mobs xenophobic propaganda....... By the way i wasn't going to steal it, unlike the locals i was brought up with manners and consideration for others....... I might remind these F%^& wits that i come from a first world country that basically ran the world at one stage, rather than a third world tin pot Pi*& pot outfit......... F%^& angry !  

A lot of women in Thailand have delusion of grandeur. Thinking that everyone is out to do something to them, or get over on them. They flex their muscle to show you what position you are in Thailand. They want our money but don't want us in Thailand. Can't have it both ways lol

2 minutes ago, Splash210 said:

I think the universe is trying to tell him that Thailand isn't for him, but he just won't listen! 

So, according to your thinking, anyone who's attacked by a thug should leave the country ?

When I ride I use my right hand to accelerate and my left hand to break . What does a leg have to do with riding and how does it make you ride slowly. 

Not excusing Thai idiot just wondering on the excuse of Italian guy.

of it was clutch bike , then he should not have been riding at all with a broken leg

9 minutes ago, Splash210 said:

A lot of women in Thailand have delusion of grandeur. Thinking that everyone is out to do something to them, or get over on them. They flex their muscle to show you what position you are in Thailand. They want our money but don't want us in Thailand. Can't have it both ways lol

Sadly so...... but as my girlfriend with her three years of bush school says, "You don't understaaaaaand"........ 

19 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Stand on their feets and apologize.. twice.  ????

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

I beg to differ, driving slowly is dangerous only for twisted minds.

So, unless you are going to save the world, you have no excuse to drive fast, pls get a grip.

Beg do differ all you want but driving slowly in the fast lane is dangerous as well as inconsiderate. It's the one thing that always annoyed me with the UK mentality, I am going the speed limit what's your problem. In France Germany their driving skills are far superior for the 1 reason they understand what a fast lane is for, passing or flooring it.

1 hour ago, GreenerGrass said:

Pattaya has always been a cool place, yeah the odd scuffle shooting but it was always Thai on Thai or farang on farang. The coppers had a few hot spots to do their checks collecting tea money. Now it appears it's all out war on us, any excuse to have a go! I lived Pattaya for 5 years, moved to Bangkok 6 years ago and honestly, I have never looked back! Bangkok is a great city, with so much more to offer expats and retirees than Pattaya. Coppers they have their hot spots like Thonglor which is best to avoid on a motorbike. However in general there is not that feeling of "they are out to get us" that is so prevalent in Pattaya. 

always a cool place?  3-6 years ago there was daily robberies both armed and unarmed against tourists, daily attacks on tourists, daily druggings, daily stabbings, farang on farang shooting was rare. Random gang shootings in naklue almost everyday. Pattaya was not a cool place.

9 minutes ago, GreenerGrass said:

Beg do differ all you want but driving slowly in the fast lane is dangerous as well as inconsiderate. It's the one thing that always annoyed me with the UK mentality, I am going the speed limit what's your problem. In France Germany their driving skills are far superior for the 1 reason they understand what a fast lane is for, passing or flooring it.

I saw no mention of the Italian driving dangerously, just slowly. No mention of fast lane either.

If the thug was in a hurry, he could have overtaken and be gone, instead of stopping and taking the hammer.

I saw no mention of the Italian driving dangerously, just slowly. No mention of fast lane either.
If the thug was in a hurry, he could have overtaken and be gone, instead of stopping and taking the hammer.
The poster you replied to seems for some reason to invent false facts, done the same today on another thread.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, Ramdas said:

Thai so called motorists are criminally dangerous in any shape or form not only they can’t drive in a straight line for a km or so. They sleep on the wheels and can’t careless about other motorists on the roads ( unless they’re Thai of course ???? ) Starting from these public danger taxis and motorbike taxis who are unlawful causing all kinds of traffic violations and accidents on the roads.

Still, this idiot’s behaviour doesn’t justify his violent action towards other people whether they’re Italians or english or else ! They’ve got a hot temper and a bad attitude, hardly any patience especially towards non Thai people ( unless they’re ripping someone off  ) in the bkk jungle.

I wouldn’t let any of them get near anything with an engine !

I have hard time to believe that the police will do any justice in this scenario as well, unless they’re rich Thai people needless to say ????

Sorry to disapoint you but my Thai wife meets non of the criteria you mention above but then again she learned to drive in Aus.

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

I carry a small fire extinguisher in the car often thought it could second as a hammer to break a window if we were ever trapped.

Now another potential use I never thought of.

42 minutes ago, GreenerGrass said:

He not driving slow in the fast lane it was in Tesco parking lot 

just remember driving slow is not a crime 

And I feel some comments in here is farangs there behave as Thai 

This man did nothing wrong 

And ofcores you can control a bike with a broken leg 

How many of your guy's in here driving as Thai with high speed or drinking and driving 

High speed kills 

Thainess at its best. Irrespective of the point, if riding a bike with a broken leg is a good idea or not, treating a fellow traffic participant with a hammer might take it a little too far for my taste. 

Well, nothing will happen and hammer boy will do it again! 

Archived