Caught in a lie: Thai woman blames foundation for accident but she was drunk

webfact

Caught in a lie: Thai woman blames foundation for accident but she was drunk

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A Thai female driver who ended up in a canal went on Facebook to lay the blame squarely on the shoulders of the Poh Teck Tung foundation.

She said they caused her to end up in the klong and blamed them for not taking responsibility for damage that would cost her 100,000 baht. 

She called on her friends to share her plight and get justice after the accident on Sunday. 

Meanwhile Poh Teck Tung said it was all a fabrication - they had dash cam footage to prove they were not involved in the accident in Parimonthon. 

They said that she was weaving all over the road.

They claimed "Mew" was drunk at the scene and quoted her as saying after her car was pulled from the canal: 

"I am OK. I am not hurt. Facial surgery is more painful than this".

Facebook sleuths in the Thai community soon swung into action. 

They proved that Mew had been out drinking at a pub just before the accident. Some people quickly unearthed a photo of her with a bottle of alcohol in the very car she had just had the accident in. 

Her status showed that the picture had been taken in the early hours of Sunday just before the accident.

Caught in the mother of all lies Mew was forced to apologize on Facebook.

She soon deleted her Facebook presence and all the pictures and posts that went with it, reported Sanook.

Sanook said it was a case of how people use social media to manipulate and deceive and was causing much comment in online forums. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-07

25 minutes ago, robblok said:

Just an other drunk who drives and shifts the blame nothing new here. I hope they come down on her real hard. No need for people driving and drinking.

... and no need for people lying and putting the blame on innocent

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Facebook sleuths in the Thai community soon swung into action. 

They proved that Mew had been out drinking at a pub just before the accident. Some people quickly unearthed a photo of her with a bottle of alcohol in the very car she had just had the accident in. 

Her status showed that the picture had been taken in the early hours of Sunday just before the accident.

damn, the Thai super sleuths are way better than the TVF ones ???? 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Caught in the mother of all lies Mew was forced to apologize on Facebook.

She soon deleted her Facebook presence and all the pictures and posts

555 how it feels to lose face 

Stupid woman 

Thai people always blame others than themselves 

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Just an other drunk who drives and shifts the blame nothing new here. I hope they come down on her real hard. No need for people driving and drinking.

traits  common among alcoholics are common among non alcoholics also

2 hours ago, monkeycu said:

100,000 baht to repair that damage  :cheesy:

Good luck finding a repair shop that does charity work

More likely the difference between the insurance policy and bying a new car, but that was before her insurance company got the news that she was drunk driving..

8 hours ago, robblok said:

depending on who she is probably a slap on the wrist she must be special she had a facial LOL

20 hours ago, webfact said:

A Thai female driver who ended up in a canal went on Facebook to lay the blame squarely on the shoulders of the Poh Teck Tung foundation.

As she posted it on a social media web-page I wonder if the above company will be perusing her for a deformation charge ?

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

As she posted it on a social media web-page I wonder if the above company will be perusing her for a deformation charge ?

The tree may be charged with deforming the car.  I am sure Poh Teck Foundation and the good they do are above pursuing defamation charges against a stupid drunk idiot.

Archived