Pattaya: The pointing is great, but the trash is awful!

webfact

Pattaya: The pointing is great, but the trash is awful!

9pm.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

The chief of a Pattaya condo's juristic person office called in the media after trash collectors failed to collect rubbish from a large development. 

Our picture from Sophon shows Pretheep Khongsamrit, 53, and an unidentified female, in what looks like a fetching Panama hat, doing some pretty nifty pointing.

Their beef is with City Hall at the resort. 

The trash at The Glass Condo is surrounded by flies and is oozing a noxious liquid. 

Pratheep said he pays 4,500 baht a month for refuse collection at The Glass Condo - there are 650 units in the four buildings that are 8 stories tall. 

It's been more than a week since the last collection. It is meant to be every Monday and Thursday.

He said City Hall gave the excuse they were changing contractors.

He went to the media to get some action. 

Thaivisa commends Pratheep and his sidekick for the pointing and wishes him good luck. 

Source: Sophon Cable

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-07

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Pratheep said he pays 4,500 baht a month for refuse collection at The Glass Condo - there are 650 units in the four buildings

So, he pays less than 7 baht per household collection per month ? No wonder they wont pick it up. Pay a decent fee cheapskate !

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thaivisa commends Pratheep and his sidekick for the pointing and wishes him good luck.

Agreed, without that pointing, we would never be able to identify the offending rubbish piles.

Shame on you Pattaya 

You have a new garbish collecting company but you only want give him 5 months contract he is ready and with new trucks 

You don't want pay a decent amount of money for the company to clean up the city 

We should all just take our garbish and dump in front of Pattaya City Hall 

The serious issue is not the finger pointing or the lady's hat. It is the inability of the authorities to clean up this city in so many ways. The all-mighty image is damaged to the point where the large, bay side "Pattaya" sign should be changed to "Pat-Trash-aya".

The serious issue is not the finger pointing or the lady's hat. It is the inability of the authorities to clean up this city in so many ways. The all-mighty image is damaged to the point where the large, bay side "Pattaya" sign should be changed to "Pat-Trash-aya".

It’s not just Pattaya, except that Pattaya/Jomtien may well be some of the worst examples. We have traveled from the Golden Triangle down to Phuket and while there are a great many amazing things to see and experience, the one constant in our travels is the pollution, filth and garbage. Thai people, for the most part, just don’t seem to place a priority on environmental issues and cleanliness. I have had to correct family members who see nothing wrong with tossing trash on the side of the road. One time we were visiting Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and the taxi driver asked my wife where she was from. When she said Thailand, he responded that that was a dirty country. We can either deal with it, or if is becomes too much for us, move elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Benmart said:

Or rat-taya 

3 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Shame on you Pattaya 

You have a new garbish collecting company but you only want give him 5 months contract he is ready and with new trucks 

You don't want pay a decent amount of money for the company to clean up the city 

We should all just take our garbish and dump in front of Pattaya City Hall 

The day garbage is dumped in front of city hall, I feel it's time to go back home. Revolutions are nasty long drawn out affairs.

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

So, he pays less than 7 baht per household collection per month ? No wonder they wont pick it up. Pay a decent fee cheapskate !

We pay 40 baht the month. ????
I go tomorrow and complain it. 

Look at Pattaya's hinterland, one big huge garbage dump stanching and making sure everybody is coughing nightly as some smart cookie puts those piles on fire. An excellent example is Mabtato's end of the road, just before the garbage sorting area. Everything non-reusable is being incinerated illegally - nightly! Called the police which just laughed! 

17 hours ago, Kim J said:

Piles of rubbish all over the area do seem to be an ever increasing problem. Maybe caused by the constant development that is allowed to go on without first having the correct infrastructure in place to deal with it? But who cares as long as the fools keep coming here spending their money.

More and more of Pattaya and the surrounding area are simply becoming ever more akin to a rubbish dump, and nobody seems to care.

Piles of uncollected rubbish all over Thailand

Refuse collecting, recycling, etc etc is way down the priority list. As is cleanliness in most Thai mentality!

It's a beautiful country that should be pristine, alas it's spoiled by scenes like this and litter everywhere you look !!

I regularly found myself picking up trash less than six feet from a mostly empty bin in a northern village. Can't be blamed on tourists of which there are darned few in that area. Local Thais settle down with a six pack of beer and snacks, and toss the crap where they are rather than walk a few feet to put it in the provided bin.
Not unique to Thailand. Seen it plenty of times in the States as well. Not where I happen to be living now, though, and somehow expected better of Thailand. I can't tell you why I thought folks here would be more caring of their surroundings. 

Archived