Taxi driver shot dead over taxi queue disagreement in Patong

webfact

Taxi driver shot dead over taxi queue disagreement in Patong

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__3473600.jpg

A taxi driver has been shot dead in Patong this morning.

The Patong Police were notified of the incident at 10.20am at a taxi stand on Phra Metta Road in Patong.

Patong Police report that the suspect’s shooter was 48 year old Paradorn Puchaiyan. The injured 46 year old Songpon Suwansa-ard was taken to Patong Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/taxi-driver-shot-dead-over-taxi-queue-disagreement-in-patong

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-03-07

33 minutes ago, Benmart said:

I find no humour in the death, pain and misery of others. Those that do, I wish you well...well far from me.

the inference is no lack of despicable taxi / tuk tuk drivers . though would not personally become the terminator

1 hour ago, Benmart said:

I find no humour in the death, pain and misery of others. Those that do, I wish you well...well far from me.

They are thugs,  they live in a different universe. Grieve not for them. 

4 hours ago, MekkOne said:

strange, Patong is such a nice and safe place...

can't tell if it is a joke or not, so many tourists and expats do say and think like that in thailand in all cities and areas, i've even seen expats living in deep south saying deep south was safer than any given city or town in Australia on a nights out to drink.....

1 hour ago, ta158 said:

can't tell if it is a joke or not, so many tourists and expats do say and think like that in thailand in all cities and areas, i've even seen expats living in deep south saying deep south was safer than any given city or town in Australia on a nights out to drink.....

Patong isnt really the deep South , but I would agree that its safer than many a western town .

You only have to stand quietly  and observe and marvel at how many drunk folk , from how many nations ,   have packed Bangla rd on a big night ...and how little aggro there is.

As for the really deep South , like Nakhon Sri Tammerat , Songklah or Haad Yai , where I visit often , I have never seen a bar fight ...ever .

Ive seen  minor confrontations quickly defused , and only once did I attract the attention of a drunken young fellow , who really appeared to be a sloppy drunk wanting to 'befriend' me. His friends dragged him away with profuse smiles and wais.

In all honesty , "falangs " are still a bit of a novelty in the Deep South in the little karaokes and 'pubs' , and most Thais Ive come across down there,  are keen for falang  to like them and their 'country'.

And I do like them generally speaking , 

Their language , "Puud DTAI !" is gruff and direct , and that makes the Thai in Bangkok and North uneasy , but they often remind me of Australians about that , and  in that they are straight speaking and independent minded , and have little love of 'hierachy'. Or flowery and flattering language.

They are even more civil drivers.

Your friend is correct .

I reckon you are far more likely to have a confrontation in a rural Australian pub than anywhere in South Thailand - in fact in Thailand anywhere generally speaking.

( Im not including the 'restive' provinces of Yala , Pattani or Narathiwat here - but Satun and Songkla are fine )

36 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

Patong isnt really the deep South , but I would agree that its safer than many a western town .

You only have to stand quietly  and observe and marvel at how many drunk folk , from how many nations ,   have packed Bangla rd on a big night ...and how little aggro there is.

As for the really deep South , like Nakhon Sri Tammerat , Songklah or Haad Yai , where I visit often , I have never seen a bar fight ...ever .

Ive seen  minor confrontations quickly defused , and only once did I attract the attention of a drunken young fellow , who really appeared to be a sloppy drunk wanting to 'befriend' me. His friends dragged him away with profuse smiles and wais.

In all honesty , "falangs " are still a bit of a novelty in the Deep South in the little karaokes and 'pubs' , and most Thais Ive come across down there,  are keen for falang  to like them and their 'country'.

And I do like them generally speaking , 

Their language , "Puud DTAI !" is gruff and direct , and that makes the Thai in Bangkok and North uneasy , but they often remind me of Australians about that , and  in that they are straight speaking and independent minded , and have little love of 'hierachy'. Or flowery and flattering language.

They are even more civil drivers.

Your friend is correct .

I reckon you are far more likely to have a confrontation in a rural Australian pub than anywhere in South Thailand - in fact in Thailand anywhere generally speaking.

( Im not including the 'restive' provinces of Yala , Pattani or Narathiwat here - but Satun and Songkla are fine )

i know phuket is not deep south i said tourists have ''even'' said deep south is safe, despite the daily bombings, shooting attacks, gang violence, drug violence.

just because you have been to songkhla, nakhon sri thammarat and not seen any bar fights does not mean shit does not happen right?

simply bar fights or brawls is not reported to police in thailand and not considered a big deal, pub and bar shootings/stabbings is  common in thai bars across the kingdom, more likely to end up in a shootout or stabbing in thailand than AUS.

nakhon si thammarat, songkhla, surat thani, krabi, trang is regulary in the news with stabbings, shootings.

Australia population  19 million - 227 murders = 0.9 murders per 100,000 people.

TH population 68 million - 3,000 - 4,000 murders = 4.4 - 5.8 murders per 100,000 people.

2 days ago in haat yai, 1 dead, 5 injured.

I carried a gun for almost 20 years on the job.  I have had guns for 40 years.  I could never shoot someone, just because I was pissed off.  I hate these cowards who use a gun like this!  

I can see if you are being attacked with a hammer, machete or some type of weapon that could cause great bodily harm, then yes, shoot.  Otherwise, you don't touch a gun!

7 minutes ago, JMSIII said:

I carried a gun for almost 20 years on the job.  I have had guns for 40 years.  I could never shoot someone, just because I was pissed off.  I hate these cowards who use a gun like this!  

I can see if you are being attacked with a hammer, machete or some type of weapon that could cause great bodily harm, then yes, shoot.  Otherwise, you don't touch a gun!

this was in self defense, all the people who were at the scene supports the gunman saying he did the right thing, the dead was a thug.

On 3/7/2019 at 7:44 PM, Benmart said:

You have obviously never dealt with land transport drivers on Phuket. 

Whilst all deaths are tragic, you probably wouldn't be commenting as you did if a notorious criminal was killed.  Land transport drivers on Phuket are part of a criminal cartel.  You live by the sword, you die by the sword. 

Archived