Tourist ransacks hotel toilet room, injures three policeman, before falling from second floor window

webfact

Tourist ransacks hotel toilet room, injures three policeman, before falling from second floor window

By The Nation

53330438_2310200839000837_4086439813371133952_n.jpg

Picture: Sophon 

An unidentified western tourist destroyed items inside a Pattaya hotel toilet early on Thursday before he injured three policemen who tried to arrest him.

The tourist was badly injured later when he fell from the second floor of the hotel as he tried to escape through a window of the hotel in South Pattaya.

Since the tourist was too injured to be interrogated, police could not identify him.

Pattaya police were alerted at 10am that a tourist was destroying property inside a restroom on the second floor of the hotel.

53078667_2310200945667493_8070361085259022336_n.jpg

Picture: Sophon 

When police approached him, he threw items at them and threatened to hit them with a stick. He then locked the toilet room door.

Police broke open the door to arrest him but could not overpower the man and he ran to the other side of the second floor and broke open a window.

He tried to climb out to escape but fell to the ground.

He was taken to Bang Lamung Hospital under police watch.

Staff of the hotel said they did not know the tourist. They said he simply walked into the hotel and went to the toilet room before he started shouting and damaging things inside.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30365364

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-07

WARNING: Graphic footage

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three policeman being unable tor restrain someone has nothing to do with bad training. In the UK it can take 4-6 policemen to restrain a struggling man who keeps thrashing about. It always looks bad in videos and like overkill but anyone who has tried to restrain such a person who is being violent knows the reality.

2 minutes ago, oxforddon said:

Three policeman being unable tor restrain someone has nothing to do with bad training. In the UK it can take 4-6 policemen to restrain a struggling man who keeps thrashing about. It always looks bad in videos and like overkill but anyone who has tried to restrain such a person who is being violent knows the reality.

That'll be 4-6 Juveniles, overweights and l'ill girls all with amour and utility belts (a la Bruce Wayne) then.

In my experience, instant unconsciousness renders them very restrainable

35 minutes ago, webfact said:

Police broke open the door to arrest him but could not overpower the man and he ran to the other side of the second floor and broke open a window.

He tried to climb out to escape but fell to the ground.

Jeez.. That's when you know your life is truly a mess.

10 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

he must have just got back from immigration where they asked for more copies and photos.

You must be right. Thai police don't have a tranquillizer dart to put him to sleep or a couple of smoke cannisters to knock him out? Or just get a Chinese kung <deleted> guy to help, the kung <deleted> guy could knock him out flat in 2 minutes, or twist his fingers and he will be crying mama. So many chinese tourists surely there must be one or two who are good in martial arts. Just get them to help.

Pattaya has definitely evolved into a 'final destination' for many broken western men. Its always had problems but not like this. 

No follow up on the farang who recently locked himself into  his flat and refused to pay rent.

What happened to him?

Amazing that a dozen armed police could not capture and restrain this guy, he seemed to be hyper-crazy maybe tripping on ya-ba. But to their credit they showed a lot of restraint as he was trying to smash open the window. In the USA this guy would have been shot dead by then, or at least tasered and thrown down hard. Actually maybe he was "thrown" we don't know cos they skipped that part ???? 

Taser is the less lethal option of choice in the US and UK now for the police. Not infallible but better than shooting dead with a real gun or “allowing” someone to fall out of a window.

Never seen a cop carrying one here, probably put off by the fake bomb detectors they bought a few years ago.

my stepson is a bouncer in the uk, he carries a small ladies spray perfume, he said you ought to hear them screaming * i have been pepper/cs  sprayed * with a wry amile he said they dont half smell nice .. lol

4 hours ago, Beatriz said:

You must be right. Thai police don't have a tranquillizer dart to put him to sleep or a couple of smoke cannisters to knock him out? Or just get a Chinese kung <deleted> guy to help, the kung <deleted> guy could knock him out flat in 2 minutes, or twist his fingers and he will be crying mama. So many chinese tourists surely there must be one or two who are good in martial arts. Just get them to help.

Was <deleted> actually deleted?

Wow that was better than the movie I was watching. To say he was having a bad trip is an understatement. It's 100% drugs of some sort, what a messed up individual. His next toilet for at least the next 5 years will be shared with some unsavory charactors and he deseves every minute. This is the kind of bad press that has us expats suffering, ammunition for the powers to be. 

18 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

They suspected he hadn’t washed his hands !!

Plus, they were busy breaking up more suitcase trolleys !!

I sympathize with the coppers on this one, a crazy drugged up dude came running out naked from a bathroom I wouldn't tackle him either, some days everything goes all wrong. Broken bones to add to the list of shit this guy has on his plate. He is going to need a lot of money to buy himself out of this one 

7 hours ago, oxforddon said:

Add drugs to that and you've got a complete maniac impervious to pain and without any fear.

Another Pattaya police operation with lots of non-uniformed extra participants. Guys recording and taking photos, motorbike taxis running around and making a big fuss. Reminds me of this incident.

Yes, I condemn the behaviour of this guy. Yet seeing the situation from his point of view, who would not get even more outraged when confronted with such unprofessional mode of operation.

It may not be the guys fault - I will tell you something that happened to me over a decade ago.

I was having a beer late at night in a bar near to Pinklao central.

I had been to an ATM earlier so had several thousand in my wallet, and when I opened my wallet I guess someone must have seen.

To cut a long story short, it must have been when I went to the toilet that somebody put something in my drink.

I remember sitting outside and drinking my beer than there is zero memory until I woke up around 16-18 hours later in extreme pain and vomiting.

I went back to the bar and asked - a bar worker did see a guy put something in my beer, but she did nothing about it.

I will never know what happened for that time period, but apparently I was up and about and talking to people.

It turns out that the drug was almost certainly scopolamine - a deleriant available in Thai pharmacies. I could have done anything and would not have known about it. Needless to say when I woke up I had spent all of my money and my UK bank card was missing.

Very scary, so don't assume that this guy did this himself. My girlfriend at the time couldn't get into the apartment and got building security to open the door (we only had one key at the time), and were unable to wake me. A very scary experience.

The next evening, when I was finally able to get out of bed without feeling sick and my head spinning, we went to a local snooker club on borommaratchachonani road to play, I was covered in sweat and couldn't pot a single ball, it was extremely uncomfortable and worrying. I think I ended up flying back to the UK not long after.

9 hours ago, oxforddon said:

I recall an incident last year, it was clear the woman had mental health issues, I helped 3 police officers push the door open and then it took them half an hour to restrain her, my concerns was she was housed on the 13th floor of a tower block.

Archived