Tourist ransacks hotel toilet room, injures three policeman, before falling from second floor window

webfact

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/6/2019 at 11:52 PM, webfact said:

Police broke open the door to arrest him but could not overpower the man and he ran to the other side of the second floor and broke open a window.

In the US it would have been bullets from the police if they could not 'overpower' him, many bullets, then a call to the morgue to come for his body. 

On 3/7/2019 at 3:20 PM, Regyai said:

In my experience, instant unconsciousness renders them very restrainable

In my experience, as a police officer, you can not render a person unconscious simply because they are proving difficult to arrest for a number of reasons that seem absolutely unclear to you. I will not try to explain but urge you to think about it. 

Clearly whoever wrote this didn't visit the location. I was there yesterday. It's at Mikes Hotel close to walking street. The guy was Chinese and did NOT try to get through any window unless jumping through a plate glass window overlooking the bay can be covered by that description. <deleted> news reporting.

30 minutes ago, sjbrownderby said:

In my experience, as a police officer, you can not render a person unconscious simply because they are proving difficult to arrest for a number of reasons that seem absolutely unclear to you. I will not try to explain but urge you to think about it. 

Yeah, I read somewhere that in the old days the choke hold was pretty ubiquitous with the police, nowadays it's verboten.

On 3/7/2019 at 3:30 PM, Beatriz said:

You must be right. Thai police don't have a tranquillizer dart to put him to sleep or a couple of smoke cannisters to knock him out? Or just get a Chinese kung <deleted> guy to help, the kung <deleted> guy could knock him out flat in 2 minutes, or twist his fingers and he will be crying mama. So many chinese tourists surely there must be one or two who are good in martial arts. Just get them to help.

Teach the police Aikido. No need to employ a Chinese.

The perfect crime.

Reminds me of this french guy in the US, that broke into a house, went upstairs, ripped out the toilet with his bare hands, flooded the entire house by doing so, then jumped out of the window.
Cops asked him, why did you do that? His response, i dont know.

1 minute ago, balo said:

Looks like a big muscle guy. Some of them are on steroids and mix with any drugs you can get some crazy reactions. 

Exactly why I cosy up to fatties with huge beer bellies and black socks.

On 3/7/2019 at 3:41 PM, madmen said:

3 words ..multiple stun guns

Now there's a scenario I would truly enjoy seeing! 

How many cops do you think would quickly be writhing on the floor while the perp jumped out the window and escaped? 

On 3/8/2019 at 9:09 AM, geisha said:

The  man is obviously ill. I hope this never happens to any of you here.

Perhaps he was ill and perhaps it was due to the substance he was taking. If he was mentally ill it would be unlikely that he would fly to Thailand for a holiday.

On 3/8/2019 at 10:01 PM, observer90210 said:

Now now...nobody pushed him and definately not any of the highly efficient and devoted Thai Police,  towards who the farang dared to get violent by resisting his arrest....

If he was pushed then give the man a medal who did it.

Archived